• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

No more Glocks for California...

massltca

imported post

Heartless_Conservative wrote:
Whats a 'negative compromiser'? I think the proper form would be ~C (not compromiser). However, all these arguments against the NRA miss a very valid point, compromise is the foundation of a working republic, the argument should instead focus on what compromises are acceptable, not on the idea of compromise itself. Obviously the Brady's idea of "compromise means you bend over and like it" isn't acceptable, but dividing the troops over the NRA's refusal to adopt and all or nothing approach (which is FAR more likely to return nothing than it is to giveus all)is idiotic and counter-productive. Also, more to the topic at hand, what evidence do you have that the NRA 'sold us out' on the micro-stamping bill?
The trouble with compromise is that our side always has to give ground and the anti side never does. So I have a big problem giving up anymore of my freedom than I already have. Besides the fact that the NRA has written Massachusetts off and does absolutely nothing to help our fight for freedom.

Demarest

imported post

massltca wrote:
The trouble with compromise is that our side always has to give ground and the anti side never does.
More importantly is that we're already so far in debt. I compare our struggle to an innocent man who was robbed of $5,000. Do you barter with him in hopes of getting $100 back? Do you say that you'll give him your DVD player if he give yous $200 back? Or do you warn him that failure to give you your $5,000 back could result in unintended consequences?

And no, I saw no Glock pulling out of California, which DOES make the topic title misleading.

AbNo

imported post

Heartless_Conservative wrote:
They said something along the lines of "as soon as this starts costing us money we're ditching you suckers."

Well, FWIW, S&W and Sig had sent out letters within a day of Glock's, stating pretty much the same thing.