• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

OC in banks...

psmartin

imported post

gsh341 wrote:
Oh yeah, theHead of Securitysaid that they didn't want anyone to grab my weapon and rob the bank. :?

I think that it's highly unlikely that a bank robber will go to all the trouble to plan the heist, get all the necessary people, vehicles, and equipment together to rob a bank and then HOPE someone at the bank will have a gun they can use. :banghead:

Take your money and don't look back!

SunTrust had my business accounts until the assistant manager pointed out it was "dangerous" because an angry customer could grab my gun and shoot up the place.
When I closed my account, another "assistant manager" asked me to reconsider and I told her I didn't feel safe intheir bank because they prohibited guns.

It was this "oh we don't allow GUNS" response ... I really wanted to send her a postcard when the branch got robbed the following week, but I figured the FBI might show up at my door with questions, so I didn't...

"You can't fix stupid"

I bank with a smaller banknow, I open carried whenestablishing my business account and had ZERO problems.

Dutch Uncle

Campaign Veteran
imported post

YMMV. A friend of mine specifically asked about CC and OC while opening up an account at a SunTrust in Hampton. The manager said she had no problem with it at all, and told him he wouldn't be the only one doing so at the bank. I guess it has to do with individual managers, how well they know the corporate policy, and probably most importantly, what the general attitude is about guns in a particular state or region.

Marco

imported post

most aren't trained in Firearm usage at least not from the company they just have to qualifiy.

gsh341

imported post

Bear 45/70 wrote:
gsh341 wrote:
Oh yeah, theHead of Securitysaid that they didn't want anyone to grab my weapon and rob the bank. :?

I think that it's highly unlikely that a bank robber will go to all the trouble to plan the heist, get all the necessary people, vehicles, and equipment together to rob a bank and then HOPE someone at the bank will have a gun they can use. :banghead:
Again pure BS. They don't ask their armored car guards to disarm, do they? Hell most of these guys have about 5 minutes gun training and are now an armed guard.

That's what I said. The Head of Security said that Rochester Armored Car has a contract and that's why they can carry in the bank. So I asked what they would say to an armored car gaurd that was from Brinks or Security Armored Express and he said that he'd make them disarm because they don't have a contract.

Total BS if you ask me, but that's whathe said.

Oh yeah, A buddy of mine worksfor Rochester and he said that the guards get certified by Rochester themselves. So basically, minimal training and OJT.

I often carry lots of cashas part of my business, so I told them I was not going to do business at their bank unarmed. So, until I can transfer all my accounts to a new bank I will only do business from the drive-up window. it may take 15-20 minutes, but that's their fault.

sv_libertarian

State Researcher
imported post

gsh341 wrote:
I was recently told by the Head of Security for Wells Fargo that carrying a firearm inside any Wells Fargo is against corporate policy. The reason I was on the phone with this gentleman is that the regional manager here in Sioux Falls saw me enter one of the Wells Fargo branches and had the tellers ask me to leave because I had a gun on.
Interesting because that is opposite of what the nice manager from California said... I'm sure that Head of Security knows better though. Makes me wonder about what training the managers get. I will email WF and ask.

Steve

amlevin

imported post

Lonnie Wilson wrote:
Interesting. I sent an email to them months ago explaining that their ordinance was invalid. This ordinance is CCC 9.28.055.

UPDATE:
http://www.ci.camas.wa.us/services/forms/Administration/CMIN080607.pdf

Chock one up for State Preemption, folks. :)
[sarcasm]Did you notice that they didn't mention what the ordinance regulated. They just referred to it by "title" and the number. Heaven forbid that they let it our that they repealed an illegal anti-gun ordinance. Their liberal constituents would probably start a recall campaign the following day. [/sarcasm]

larz

imported post

I've only OC'd once in a bank, and only because the ATM was out of service. I was carrying my two-toned SIG P220R SAO, cocked and locked. I don't think the teller noticed because she said it was her first day so she must have been too busy trying to do things right. There were about 3-6 people in line behind me but no one ran off screaming.

phoneguy

imported post

Agent 47 wrote:
I OC in banks at least twice a month when I go to deposit my check. Never had a problem and I have done it in Bank of America and Washington Mutual. I had a little kid looking at me last week in wa mu but that's about it. All the employees are as friendly as ever and have never mentioned it.
Yes you can get away with it. I can not. As I said to you "you look like a cop" Yes you can pass a being a LEO. But me I am to old!

Agent 47

imported post

phone guy wrote:
Agent 47 wrote:
I OC in banks at least twice a month when I go to deposit my check. Never had a problem and I have done it in Bank of America and Washington Mutual. I had a little kid looking at me last week in wa mu but that's about it. All the employees are as friendly as ever and have never mentioned it.
Yes you can get away with it. I can not. As I said to you "you look like a cop" Yes you can pass a being a LEO. But me I am to old!
Hey phone guy, Good to see ya.:)

heresolong

imported post

I noticed also that the councilmember who moved that the ordinance be repealed also made a point of editorializing about how she was "sad to see this ordinance go". What a load of crap.

UTOC-45-44

imported post

I OC periodically at an America 1st Branch next to the Court House and PD station in West Valley City. At some of those times I even have had LEO's behind me in the line.

Have OC'ed at Chase, Wells Fargo and NO problems so far. There is 1 America 1st at the Harmon's where I had a little snag quite a few months ago ( HankT still pokes me in the eyes about it:lol::cuss:) and I OC there almost every time unless very cold.

BluesBear

imported post

I open carry all of the time at the Bank Of America in Monroe. The same week I moved to Monroe from Mountlake Terrace one of the regular tellers from the Mountlake Terrace Bank Of America transferred to the Monroe branch. So from the first time I was there I was called by name.I figure that's why no one has eversaid anything. The few times I've had to stand in line I don't think anyone else has ever noticed.

Misguided Child

imported post

When I went to re-apply for my CPL last week I overheard the clerk telling the woman next to me that she could carry almost anywhere, "not in acourthouse or banks, of course". I chose not to try and correct her since I didn't want to argue through the glass windows. But I spoke to the woman outside while she waited for her husband and she told me she had been carring concealed for 28 years and it never occured to her to not carry in a bank.