• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Marine Corps Birthday OCDO NOVA meetup

longwatch

Founder's Club Member - Moderator
imported post

Since Tomahawk breached the idea on the USMC museum thread I think we should explore it. I'm certainly up for it, not sure what we should do but a little comradery never hurt a Marine. What say you?

longwatch

Founder's Club Member - Moderator
imported post

Visiting the museum would be cool with me, but then it would have to be a non OC or CC event unfortunately. I'm willing to take a day off to do it. Just swapping sea stories and making toasts to the Continental Marines and so on would be fun.

VAopencarry

imported post

0630- PT formation, boots and ute's
0635- 3 mile run, return to barracks S,S,S
0800- report for breakfast
1000- report for yet undisclosed fun/social activty
1200- lunch
1230- return to barracks, take a nap
1300- clean weapons
1500- MCI time
1600- dinner(may be subsituted with going directly to E-club)
1700- E-club
1900- leave E-club
1910- stop at the Day Store for after club refreshments and some Copenhagen and smokes
1930- Drink and play cards
0100- sleep

Repeat as needed

Lthrnck

imported post

My guess will be that the musemum will be very busy that day with alot of special funcitions going on. Might not be the best time to want to go and actually see it

Citizen

Founder's Club Member
imported post

Lthrnck wrote:
My guess will be that the musemum will be very busy that day with alot of special funcitions going on. Might not be the best time to want to go and actually see it

I'm glad you brought it up. I didn't even think to check.

Here is the calendar of events for November from their website. Fortunately it doesn't look too full.

http://www.usmcmuseum.org/news_Calendar.asp