• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Marine Corps Birthday OCDO NOVA meetup

Tomahawk

imported post

Citizen wrote:
Lthrnck wrote:
My guess will be that the musemum will be very busy that day with alot of special funcitions going on. Might not be the best time to want to go and actually see it

I'm glad you brought it up. I didn't even think to check.

Here is the calendar of events for November from their website. Fortunately it doesn't look too full.

http://www.usmcmuseum.org/news_Calendar.asp

10 NOV 07, 9:00 AM - 11:00 AM
Meet Captain Samuel Nicholas in Tun Tavern

10:00 AM & 1:00 PM
Cake Cutting Ceremony; Leatherneck Gallery

1:00 PM - 1:30 PM
Storytime: Marine Corps Memorial, Julia Hargrove; Classroom

12:00 PM & 2:00 PM
Discovery Cart: Continental Marine Uniform and Equipment

kaiheitai17

Founder's Club Member
imported post

HEY! There's a lot of much older guys out here!

Went to Ponderosa a few weeks ago with the princess. The young pup gave me the senior discount! I still have a year to go before I qualify for that. Didn't know whether to thank him or hit him, so I just took the discount being the skin flint that I am.;)

longwatch

Founder's Club Member - Moderator
imported post

OK if any Marines are interested in a range detail on the 10th PM me. Location, private, near Winchester.

stryth

imported post

longwatch wrote:
2 interested so far anyone else?

Unfortunately interested doesn't always mean available, but if the invite extends to those with <10 posts who've never formally met anyone on the board then I'm definitely interested! Is there a particular time of day you're thinking of?

longwatch

Founder's Club Member - Moderator
imported post

Marines only for this event. Also unfortunately since this is on private land it has to be people that can be vouched for.

stryth

imported post

longwatch wrote:
Marines only for this event. Also unfortunately since this is on private land it has to be people that can be vouched for.

No worries- Enjoy the day at the range.