• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Semi-auto revolver

vinnie

imported post

Look into ... I think its a Webly-fosbery. Bogart mentioned it in "The Maltese Falcon".

TrueBrit

imported post

vinnie wrote:
Look into ... I think its a Webly-fosbery. Bogart mentioned it in "The Maltese Falcon".

Well done, Sir, and to Tomahawk also! Colonel Fosbery did indeed collaborate with Webleys of Birmingham to produce the first semi automatic revolver, I think, in .455 calibre. Maybe around 1900ish, not too sure. Seems like the cylinder slid backwards upon being fired, and cocked the hammer.

Congratulations, gentlemen, on your knowledge of Brit firearms!

TrueBrit.

AbNo

imported post

Hey, it worked for this guy...
vash1ts2.jpg

'cept his was a .45 Long Colt. :D

Superlite27

imported post

O.K. Evidently, people have too much time on their hands if they're gonna actually make the stupidcrap that pops into their heads.

How about an automatic, bolt-action rifle?

Or a bolt-action revolver?

OOOOOH! How about a full-auto muzzle loader?!? :what:

Yeah....now that would REALLY impress me.

Ghettokracker71

imported post

Superlite27 wrote:
O.K. Evidently, people have too much time on their hands if they're gonna actually make the stupidcrap that pops into their heads.

How about an automatic, bolt-action rifle?

Or a bolt-action revolver?

OOOOOH! How about a full-auto muzzle loader?!? :what:

Yeah....now that would REALLY impress me.
hahaha :celebrate

zoom6zoom

imported post

I love funky wheelguns, old or new. The Mateba and the Fosbery have both been on my "someday list" for a while. Be nice to have a LeMat too, but I think I'll have to settle for the repro of that one.

I'm currently working on a "Guns of Bogart" sub-collection.