Thread: Saved by Open Carry in Baltimore.

Post imported post

And what country can preserve its liberties, if its rulers are not warned from time to time that this people preserve the spirit of resistance? Let them take arms....The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time, with the blood of patriots and tyrants"

Thomas Jefferson in a letter to William S. Smith in 1787. Taken from Jefferson, On Democracy 20, S. Padover ed., 1939

Free Flight

Founder's Club Member

Post imported post

I applaud you. Some may not, but to those that dont all I have to say is what part of "shall not be infringed" don't you understand.

Post imported post

MD doesn't allow citizens to defend themselves
    If you think like a Statist, act like one, or back some, you've given up on freedom and have gone over to the dark side.
    The easiest ex. but probably the most difficult to grasp for gun owners is that fool permission slip so many of you have, especially if you show it off with pride. You should recognize it as an embarrassment, an infringement, a travesty and an affront to a free person.

~Alan Korwin

State Researcher

Post imported post

You conducted yourself well! Glad nothing escalated!
    Situationally aware, verbal challenge, nicely done.

Post imported post

I am happy you were able to defend yourself and I am a big supporter of OC and CC. But I would be careful posting on a public message board about doing something that Maryland doesn't allow. It could be used against you in the future for something else that could happen anywhere.

Springfield by way of Chicago, Virginia, USA

Post imported post

I have to say that I applaud you for protecting yourself in the manner that you did. However, I am a law abiding citizen, and, I would not even think about taking a gun to B'more (I will be going to Oldham Street in two weeks). I can't risk losing my freedom by doing what you did. All I am saying is that I understand you, but, I know it's not something that I would do. I try to stay away from places where I can't carry, but, I need to go there to see a military buddy that I have not seen in over 20 years. Please pray for my safety!!

2nd Amendment........Use it..........Or, lose it!!:X
    The 2nd Amendment... brought to you by Beretta and the number 1791!!

Post imported post

Just remember, those guys at the warehouse only wanted to steal some computer stuff. The state of Maryland would've taken your freedom.

Any time you do something illegal that you believe to be your right, you have to weigh the benefits vs. the risk.

And think carefully before broadcasting your crime in a public place.

Post imported post

True, they would have taken his freedom. But, carrying in Maryland is not illegal per the U.S. Constitution. Carrying in Maryland is illegal perMaryland state law and elitist gun grabbers. So saying he was doing somethingillegal andonly believing it to be right may notexactly be a true statement. To me the better statement is "Any time you do something that is being interpreted as illegal even though it is a constitutional right, you have to weigh the benefits vs. the risk."

Tomahawk wrote:
    Just remember, those guys at the warehouse only wanted to steal some computer stuff. The state of Maryland would've taken your freedom.

Any time you do something illegal that you believe to be your right, you have to weigh the benefits vs. the risk.

And think carefully before broadcasting your crime in a public place.