Thread: OC/CC Landmark theater in Richmond

Post imported post

I am going to an event there in December. They don't have much of a website, and I dont really trust them to have the right info if I call anyway.

I think it is a city owned venue, but not even sure about that.

Anyone have the skinny on carry there?

Moderator / Administrator

Post imported post

Skeptic wrote:
    I am going to an event there in December. They don't have much of a website, and I dont really trust them to have the right info if I call anyway.
    Never ask permission - you are ceding your advantage when carrying like just a a normal good guy - if you ask, you almost always will get the answer you do not want to hear.

Post imported post

Don't ask, Don't tell ! If you ask before going and they haven't posted signs, then that will make them think about posting signs. If you think a venue is run by the city or state, call then directly and ask if it is a city/state venue. If city/state then no problem. If private owned then again, don't ask, don't tell.

Personally, I don't even read the "gun unfriendly" business list of VDCL website and I'm a VCDL member. If it ain't posted in plain view I go in armed. That way they have to give a verbal warning if they don't want guns on premesis. I can then say I didn't see their sign if any existed. Then ask about corperate policy info and phone number. Then follow up with a call to corperate.
    Revelation 1911 - And I saw heaven opened, and behold a white horse; and he that sat upon him was called Faithful and True, and in righteousness he doth judge and make war.

Post imported post

Normally I dont ask and dont tell, but I am spending hundreds of dollars on tickets for this show and don't want a confrontation.

So long as they are not actively checking people, I am fine with carrying there (or anywhere else not prohibited by law, like a restaurant with a liqour license or somewhere else that could get me in serious hot water).

Also by way of full disclosure, it also makes a difference in selecting which gun(s) I carry, and how I carry them.