• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Raging Against Self DEfence

Kelly J

imported post

spacer.gif
I searched the Forum and this was the result I got back, so can you tell me where I am going wrong, this is getting a bit much? I can see that there was a different title but I know of no way to search every posible title. Is this Payback time?

spacer.gif

titlebar_caption_left.gif

[align=right]Showing results 1-1 of 1

News & Political Alerts > Raging Against Self DEfence (4 replies - 53 views) Wed Oct 17th, 2007
Article ...[/align]

spacer.gif

Current time is 02:18 pm

spacer.gif

spacer.gif

imperialism2024

imported post

Kelly J wrote:
spacer.gif
I searched the Forum and this was the result I got back, so can you tell me where I am going wrong, this is getting a bit much? I can see that there was a different title but I know of no way to search every posible title. Is this Payback time?
To be honest, Kelly J, I've barely ever used the search feature... I just spend too much time on here and remember topics that have been posted before, and about how long ago the last post was. I'm not being sarcastic, I'm just that sad :?

ETA: Kelly J, are you British? I just realized that you used the UK spelling of "defence", while the US spelling is "defense". While it wouldn't have made a difference anyway if you had searched using the US spelling, though, as the title of the article wasn't in the other thread.

Kelly J

imported post

imperialism2024 wrote:
Kelly J wrote:

ETA: Kelly J, are you British? I just realized that you used the UK spelling of "defence", while the US spelling is "defense". While it wouldn't have made a difference anyway if you had searched using the US spelling, though, as the title of the article wasn't in the other thread.

I am French/English and Spanish/Indian, not my fault I had nothing to do with it, a lot of the time I use Phonetics to spell, other times, I use spell checker, and then there are the times I use ?.

My earliest ancestor born in 1619 came her from Dijon, Burgandy, France; by way of England which was the Birthplace of his wife that was in 1649 at York, Virginia, that they arived here in 1666 he was granted Citizship, and Died at the Home in St. Marys County, Virginia in 1674. His wife was a Tattershall, from Wiltshire, England.

Now that you have much more than you asked for, that should give you some background.

Besides the English language is by far the most mixed up, confussing, language in the world!