• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Hitchhiker shoots good Samaritan

dng

State Researcher
imported post

I wonder if your confiscated gun will be tied to the shooting?....:shock:Just kidding!

Legba

imported post

I dunno, but a cop came in with a high-end FN FAL sniper rifle for a trade-in today. I seem to have to deal with uniforms every time I handle Belgian handware for some reason. I like it otherwise (FN stuff, I mean)...

-ljp

IdahoCorsair

State Researcher
imported post

I occasionally, but rarely pick them up... I'd want someone else to help me out too, if I really needed a ride.
I can't totally quit being helpful to society (like turning of someone's lights in a parking lot) because I might get sued/shot etc... now, definately wieght the consequences.

Oh, and don't think I'm nieve either.

ilbob wrote:
why would anyone be stupid enough to pick up a hitchhiker?

Demarest

imported post

ilbob wrote:
Why would anybody be cold towards their countrymen based on the exception to the rule recounts of it going wrong? Why would anybody be further insulting by suggesting that engaging in the same is not only a measure of one's intellect, but an unsatisfactory one at that?

reefteach

imported post

I picked up a hitchhiker one day. It was about40 degrees outside near the OSU campus. A double amputee's wheelchair was stuck in the slush.. Poor guy just wanted to get to the hospitol for his check up. I picked him up. Made the girlfriend ride in the backseat, and gave him cab money for the ride home. Turns out he lost his legs while in Vietnam. I wonder how many people turned his back on him that day.

I have also seen lots of hitchhikers in touristy areas out west that I would have picked up, but did not for various reasons such as no room, or running late.

Hef

imported post

legba wrote: I dunno, but a cop came in with a high-end FN FAL sniper rifle for a trade-in today. I seem to have to deal with uniforms every time I handle Belgian handware for some reason. I like it otherwise (FN stuff, I mean)...

Why would anyone try to make a precision tactical rifle from an FAL? That's like hotrodding a Landcruiser because you want to race Corvettes.

HankT

State Researcher
imported post

ilbob wrote:

Just to help a person...to have some conversation on a lonely drive...or pay back some brave guy for his sacrifices...or try to make some time with some babe...or try to get some gas money....a whole bunch of reasons.

Of course, some wild homicidal maniac might jump in your truck and crush your skull like a pumpkin and sever all your limbs as he throws them out the window while driving to Las Vegas with your credit cards and money...

Life is not without risks--or opportunities to be of service.

It's a probabalist thang...

People arent stupid just because you don't do it. ;)