• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Extra revo ammo

FogRider

imported post

I realy enjoy carrying my GP100, but would like to have a little more than 6rds. on me. I know speed loaders exist, but have no experience with them at all. So, a few questions:
Do they work well, and are they worth carrying?
Can I get a holster/pouch of some sort to keep it on my belt?
What brands should I consider or steer away from, or what features should I look for?

UTOC-45-44

imported post

Make a Belt like this

ROOSTEr%20deluze%20belt%7E4%20copy%2EJPG

+ 2 Speed Loaders:celebrate(25 on the belt + 6/Loader = 37 rounds:celebrate

Citizen

Founder's Club Member
imported post

HKS speedloaders work well. They have a shorter shaft/knob than others, permitting them to be a little more discreet on the belt.

HKS makes different models for the various cylinder sizes onguns. Lookup the GP100 on their website, or read the back of the packages on the display at the store.

Get some dummy cartridges for your revolver caliber, six of them. Then test the speedloaderat the store if you can.I understand some small-frame revolvers have a problem wherethe side of the speedloader, the part that actually holds the cartridges, rubs the grip just enough to throw the long axis of the cartidges out of line with the chambers, requiring an extra jiggle or two to get the cartridges into the chambers. In that the HKS speedloader is pretty thin at this point anyway, they couldn't really make it any thinner. A GP100 grip and cylinder may have better clearance thana small frame revolver.

DeSantis makes some nice speedloader pouches. I very much like them because your belt passes through the center of the pouch, rather than a loop on the back. This allows, and expects, that 2-3 cartridges will ride on the inside of your belt and the rest outside. Thus the pouch doesn't sag away from your belt. It rides in nice and close. Look on their website for "Second Six" pouches. Be prepared to pay for this nicety. I think they run about $25 each.

Ford Truck

Franklin Township, DeKalb County, Indiana, USA
imported post

They're not as fast, but Bianchi Speed Strips for .38 Spl./.357 Mag. conceal very well. If you've got a K-frame, you can reload 2 at a time. I usually carry one in my left front trouser pocket & another in my left shirt pocket whether I'm carrying OC or CC.

cREbralFIX

imported post

I have developed a variety of solutions for the revolver shooter. They're just neglected by the big companies!

spdldr38side.jpg

HKS Speedloader and Moonclip Holder

45ls.jpg

newGoodiesSmith.jpg

Speed Strip Pocket Holder and Speedloader Pocket Holder