• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Brian Moran gets an "A" from the NRA in current American Rifleman issue???

W.E.G.

imported post

Delegate Brian Moran - VA House of Delegates - District 46

I wouldn't have believed it if I hadn't seen it with my own eyes.

Is this a typo???

...or is the younger brother of Jim Moran (D-VA-8th District F-) actually one of the good guys???

yankees98a

imported post

While they are related....... looks like a wolf in sheep's clothes!

Even though he represents liberal-leaning Alexandria, Del. Brian J. Moran (D) has been increasingly siding with the gun lobby as he considers a bid for governor in 2009.
This year, Moran voted for a bill to allow someone with a concealed weapons permit from another state to carry a gun in Virginia without going through another background check. He also supported a bill to make it harder for local officials to outlaw hunting near subdivisions.

yankees98a

imported post

Support for gun control Brother Moran cosponsored H.R 1022 (Assault Weapons Ban Reauthorization Act of 2007) on March 7, 2007.[1][/sup]
In April 2007, Moran, issued criticism of President Bush for letting the assault weapons ban expire saying that,"if he's serious about doing whatever he can to stop the potential for this carnage [the Virginia Tech Massacre], that might be one place to start." [2][/sup]

Dutch Uncle

Campaign Veteran
imported post

yankees98a wrote:
Del. Brian J. Moran (D) has been increasingly siding with the gun lobby as he considers a bid for governor in 2009.
Color me cynical, but if you're looking for the reason he suddenly turned on a dime, it has everything to do with positioning himself for a statewide race for Governor, and nothing to do with any real change of heart.

nova

imported post

same here. As much as I appreciate the NRA for being the best financed org, I don't like the fact that one of their board members thinks that we shouldn't have "military looking" weapons or mags with over 5 rounds...
(someone posted this on THR.com)

sjhipple

imported post

nova wrote:
same here. As much as I appreciate the NRA for being the best financed org, I don't like the fact that one of their board members thinks that we shouldn't have "military looking" weapons or mags with over 5 rounds...
(someone posted this on THR.com)

They also seem to have a helluva lot of infighting between the three branches of their organizatino (education, lobbying, and something else...I don't remember). That's why they never have gotten a 2nd amendment case to the Supreme Court. About 15 years ago, all three branches unanimously agreed that they needed to get a 2nd Amendment case to the Supreme Court (before some felon did it as a way to get out of jail time). However, they also unanimously agreed that the money shouldn't come from their department...so nothing happened till Bob Levy brought his own case (which the NRA tried and failed to take control of).

Does VCDL rank Congressman?? If so, where can I find their ranking of Rep. Jim Moran?