• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Leather CC holsters

vmathis12019

State Researcher
imported post

Okay, my mom agreed to pay for me to have a custom holster made for the 1911 I intend to buy myself for christmas (my dad's putting in that he wants his Taurus back...). I want a nice leather holster, and I want it for CC. I'm sure my mom would pay a few hundred bucks (I am gonna go ahead and get a mag pouch and a belt too) and I was wondering if anybody had any experience or suggestions on a good quality holster maker that won't take 5 months to get.

Thanks ahead for any suggestions.

soloban

imported post

+1 On the Milt Sparks VMII. But, if you order it from Milt Sparks it will take 20 Weeks.
Try Lightning Arms Sports, they are an authorized Milt Sparks dealer. They tack on a very small markup and will have it to your door in short order. I ordered a VMII for my Kahr P9 Covert from them on a Saturday and it was on my doorstep on Tuesday.

http://www.lightningarms.com/products.htm

Click on "contact us" and shoot 'em an email or call them to see what they have in stock for your weapon since their website doesn't list what is in stock.

Mjolnir

imported post

Milt Sparks is good stuff, but personally I'd tale a really close look at Alessi holsters on the same web page as linked to above. Lou's holsters are superb & used by some of the best.