Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: OCDO Range day??

Post imported post

WE had a great time and there will be more.

Nov 18th was the day.
    Breakfast @ 0830hrs(bring cash/small bills)
    Bob Evans
    14050 Thunderbolt Pl
    Chantilly, VA 20151

Range @ 1000hrs
    Blue Ridge Arsenal
    14725 Flint Lee Rd # K
    Chantilly, VA 20151
    (703) 818-0230

http://www.blueridgearsenal.com/

then off to the Gunshow @ Dulles Expo

EDITED: date/ time confirmed.

If you think like a Statist, act like one, or back some, you've given up on freedom and have gone over to the dark side.
    The easiest ex. but probably the most difficult to grasp for gun owners is that fool permission slip so many of you have, especially if you show it off with pride. You should recognize it as an embarrassment, an infringement, a travesty and an affront to a free person.

~Alan Korwin

Post imported post

Damn, been looking for an outdoor shoot for ages with the crew. Will be in Philly that weekend. : (
    -Unrequited

Alexandria, Fairfax County, Virginia, USA

Post imported post

Interested. Have to check schedules, so can't make a firm committment yet.
    Laws alone can not secure freedom of expression; in order that every man present his views without penalty there must be spirit of tolerance in the entire population. -Albert Einstein

Post imported post

Hows about you guys visit sunny Colorado for a range day?

Post imported post

I'll be in Montana that weekend...
    "The very atmosphere of firearms anywhere and everywhere restrains evil interference - they deserve a place of honor with all that's good." - George Washington

Founder's Club Member

Post imported post

roscoe13 wrote:
    I'll be in Montana that weekend...
    Quit bragging.
    I'll make you an offer: I will argue and fight for all of your rights, if you will do the same for me. That is the only way freedom can work. We have to respect all rights, all the time--and strive to win the rights of the other guy as much as for ourselves.

If I am equal to another, how can I legitimately govern him without his express individual consent?

There is no human being on earth I hate so much I would actually vote to inflict government upon him.

Post imported post

Is this their website?

http://www.clarkbrosguns.com/regs.html

I see a sign in a photo that says "If you buy your ammo elsewhere, shoot it some where else. No Exceptions"

Post imported post

LEO 229 wrote:
    Is this their website?

I see a sign in a photo that says "If you buy your ammo elsewhere, shoot it some where else. No Exceptions"
    That's correct. And their ammo prices are high enough that it's often cheaper to buy your ammo elsewhere and pay for range time. They do have a fairly nice rifle sight-in target that's not too badly priced at 5/1$ (and you don't have to use them there ).

Peace

"The very atmosphere of firearms anywhere and everywhere restrains evil interference - they deserve a place of honor with all that's good." - George Washington

Post imported post

LEO 229 wrote:
    Is this their website?

Sorry, but due to that sign I will NEVER patronize *that* range. That is just retarded and bad business to post something like. What about the hand loaders trying out special target loads in precision rifles? Or hand gunners needing to run 100+ duty loads through the gun to check for reliability? "No Exceptions". That really makes me think they love selling overpriced ammo there. I know Gilberts range ammo is about 50% more expensive than wally world ammo.

"No Exceptions".

More like..

"No business".

The only statements I accept like this from the gun community are "No Compromise" which is what HK tells me every time I go out the door with it. Same with Sig's "To Hell and Back Reliability".

Thanks for pointing that out LEO 229, I will not be spending *my* money there. "No Exceptions".

Post imported post

See OPfor date and time.

PM or post if you plan on attending.

edit: updating
    If you think like a Statist, act like one, or back some, you've given up on freedom and have gone over to the dark side.
    The easiest ex. but probably the most difficult to grasp for gun owners is that fool permission slip so many of you have, especially if you show it off with pride. You should recognize it as an embarrassment, an infringement, a travesty and an affront to a free person.

~Alan Korwin

Post imported post

Whatever you guys settle on, I'm interested. Might be busy, but I'll keep this in mind.

Post imported post

I've been there a few times in the past. I usually buy a box from them, keep my receipt on the bench and when I am finished shooting their box I start shooting my own.

Post imported post

Slowhand wrote:
    I've been there a few times in the past. I usually buy a box from them, keep my receipt on the bench and when I am finished shooting their box I start shooting my own.
    Does not matter what they *may* allow you to get away with, that sign is pure stupidity. It's meant to intimidate people into buying the house ammo. No Exceptions.

I'm game for anywhere else that does not post dumb signs like that. NRA is top on my list followed by Blue Ridge (have not been there to shoot before).

Post imported post

so far away...

Post imported post

nakedshoplifter wrote:
    NRA is top on my list followed by Blue Ridge (have not been there to shoot before).
    Blue Ridge mini-glimpse here:
    http://youtube.com/watch?v=SuGqWwUJ64Y
    -Unrequited

Founder's Club Member

Post imported post

nakedshoplifter wrote:
    LEO 229 wrote:
    Is this their website?

Sorry, but due to that sign I will NEVER patronize *that* range. That is just retarded and bad business to post something like. What about the hand loaders trying out special target loads in precision rifles? Or hand gunners needing to run 100+ duty loads through the gun to check for reliability? "No Exceptions". That really makes me think they love selling overpriced ammo there. I know Gilberts range ammo is about 50% more expensive than wally world ammo.

"No Exceptions".

More like..

"No business".

The only statements I accept like this from the gun community are "No Compromise" which is what HK tells me every time I go out the door with it. Same with Sig's "To Hell and Back Reliability".

Thanks for pointing that out LEO 229, I will not be spending *my* money there. "No Exceptions".
    FYI, their price on reloading supplies are not too bad, and you can shoot reloads there, provided you buy their reloading stuff. I shoot there often, and while I do buy their ammo, I have never been asked to show a receipt.

Post imported post

I guess a lot of consideration these days would have to be given to where you live. If Clark Brothers is 20mi each way closer than the next closest range, you can be better off paying a higher price for ammo if it saves you time & gas money...

Post imported post

I'd rather give my money to a gas station owner (with no retarded signs) than a gun store owner who posts signs of this nature. Call me silly, but that sign strikes a nerve with me. What's next? A sign that says "If you buy your guns elsewhere, shoot them some where else. No Exceptions"? Or how about a car dealer that tells you if you don't get your oil changed at the dealer you void your warranty? How about a DVD burner in your computer that will only use one brand of blank DVD's... such as a Sony burner only writing Sony brand DVD's?

20 miles*2=40 miles.

My car gets 31 MPG. Gas is currently $2.63 in Annandale. That means it costs me $3.39 to drive 40 miles. I shoot ~400 rounds on a range visit. If this place is like Gilberts, they charge $12 for a box of 50 9MM. I can buy 100 9MM for $14 at wally world. Over the course of 400 rounds I've saved myself $40 by shooting the wally WWB ammo.

Post imported post

nakedshoplifter wrote:
    I'd rather give my money to a gas station owner (with no retarded signs) than a gun store owner who posts signs of this nature. Call me silly, but that sign strikes a nerve with me. What's next? A sign that says "If you buy your guns elsewhere, shoot them some where else. No Exceptions"? Or how about a car dealer that tells you if you don't get your oil changed at the dealer you void your warranty? How about a DVD burner in your computer that will only use one brand of blank DVD's... such as a Sony burner only writing Sony brand DVD's?

20 miles*2=40 miles.

My car gets 31 MPG. Gas is currently $2.63 in Annandale. That means it costs me $3.39 to drive 40 miles. I shoot ~400 rounds on a range visit. If this place is like Gilberts, they charge $12 for a box of 50 9MM. I can buy 100 9MM for $14 at wally world. Over the course of 400 rounds I've saved myself $40 by shooting the wally WWB ammo.
    I agree with you. I think it does not matter the cost.

The point is that they do not want you shooting your own ammo you could have purchased in bulk. I hate ranges that force you to buy theirs.

Post imported post

keep going, a list a who is attending is just a few pages away

:celebrate

~Alan Korwin

Post imported post

almost there.

again it is NOV. 18

~Alan Korwin

Post imported post

i would love to attend, where is clarks bros?

Post imported post

Agent19 wrote:
    we should try to confirm a place/date/time by Nov 1 so everyone who wants to come will know exactly when and where.
    And then folks *cough me* can ask off for it

Post imported post

I agree with NSL on Clarkbros. policies. I can bring a Super Redhawk in .454 Casull for anyone that wants to try it. Ka-Boom

Post imported post

casullshooter wrote:
    I agree with NSL on Clarkbros. policies. I can bring a Super Redhawk in .454 Casull for anyone that wants to try it. Ka-Boom
    :shock:OHh Ohh!! I'll bring my hi-point .40 (for all the haters to try.) if i can make it

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast