• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

OCDO Range day??

Marco

imported post

WE had a great time and there will be more.

Nov 18th was the day.
Breakfast @ 0830hrs(bring cash/small bills)
Bob Evans
14050 Thunderbolt Pl
Chantilly, VA 20151

Range @ 1000hrs
Blue Ridge Arsenal
14725 Flint Lee Rd # K
Chantilly, VA 20151
(703) 818-0230

http://www.blueridgearsenal.com/

then off to the Gunshow @ Dulles Expo

EDITED: date/ time confirmed.

Tess

Founder's Club Member
imported post

Interested. Have to check schedules, so can't make a firm committment yet.

roscoe13

Campaign Veteran
imported post

LEO 229 wrote:
Is this their website?

http://www.clarkbrosguns.com/regs.html

I see a sign in a photo that says "If you buy your ammo elsewhere, shoot it some where else. No Exceptions"

That's correct. And their ammo prices are high enough that it's often cheaper to buy your ammo elsewhere and pay for range time. They do have a fairly nice rifle sight-in target that's not too badly priced at 5/1$ (and you don't have to use them there ;) ).

Peace

IanB

imported post

LEO 229 wrote:
Is this their website?

I see a sign in a photo that says "If you buy your ammo elsewhere, shoot it some where else. No Exceptions"
Sorry, but due to that sign I will NEVER patronize *that* range. That is just retarded and bad business to post something like. What about the hand loaders trying out special target loads in precision rifles? Or hand gunners needing to run 100+ duty loads through the gun to check for reliability? "No Exceptions". That really makes me think they love selling overpriced ammo there. I know Gilberts range ammo is about 50% more expensive than wally world ammo.

"No Exceptions".

More like..

"No business".

The only statements I accept like this from the gun community are "No Compromise" which is what HK tells me every time I go out the door with it. Same with Sig's "To Hell and Back Reliability".

Thanks for pointing that out LEO 229, I will not be spending *my* money there. "No Exceptions".

Slowhand

imported post

I've been there a few times in the past. I usually buy a box from them, keep my receipt on the bench and when I am finished shooting their box I start shooting my own.

IanB

imported post

Slowhand wrote:
I've been there a few times in the past. I usually buy a box from them, keep my receipt on the bench and when I am finished shooting their box I start shooting my own.
Does not matter what they *may* allow you to get away with, that sign is pure stupidity. It's meant to intimidate people into buying the house ammo. No Exceptions.

I'm game for anywhere else that does not post dumb signs like that. NRA is top on my list followed by Blue Ridge (have not been there to shoot before).

dixiehacker

Founder's Club Member
imported post

nakedshoplifter wrote:
LEO 229 wrote:
Is this their website?

Sorry, but due to that sign I will NEVER patronize *that* range. That is just retarded and bad business to post something like. What about the hand loaders trying out special target loads in precision rifles? Or hand gunners needing to run 100+ duty loads through the gun to check for reliability? "No Exceptions". That really makes me think they love selling overpriced ammo there. I know Gilberts range ammo is about 50% more expensive than wally world ammo.

"No Exceptions".

More like..

"No business".

The only statements I accept like this from the gun community are "No Compromise" which is what HK tells me every time I go out the door with it. Same with Sig's "To Hell and Back Reliability".

Thanks for pointing that out LEO 229, I will not be spending *my* money there. "No Exceptions".
FYI, their price on reloading supplies are not too bad, and you can shoot reloads there, provided you buy their reloading stuff. I shoot there often, and while I do buy their ammo, I have never been asked to show a receipt.

roscoe13

Campaign Veteran
imported post

I guess a lot of consideration these days would have to be given to where you live. If Clark Brothers is 20mi each way closer than the next closest range, you can be better off paying a higher price for ammo if it saves you time & gas money...

IanB

imported post

I'd rather give my money to a gas station owner (with no retarded signs) than a gun store owner who posts signs of this nature. Call me silly, but that sign strikes a nerve with me. What's next? A sign that says "If you buy your guns elsewhere, shoot them some where else. No Exceptions"? Or how about a car dealer that tells you if you don't get your oil changed at the dealer you void your warranty? How about a DVD burner in your computer that will only use one brand of blank DVD's... such as a Sony burner only writing Sony brand DVD's?

20 miles*2=40 miles.

My car gets 31 MPG. Gas is currently $2.63 in Annandale. That means it costs me $3.39 to drive 40 miles. I shoot ~400 rounds on a range visit. If this place is like Gilberts, they charge $12 for a box of 50 9MM. I can buy 100 9MM for $14 at wally world. Over the course of 400 rounds I've saved myself $40 by shooting the wally WWB ammo.

LEO 229

imported post

nakedshoplifter wrote:
I'd rather give my money to a gas station owner (with no retarded signs) than a gun store owner who posts signs of this nature. Call me silly, but that sign strikes a nerve with me. What's next? A sign that says "If you buy your guns elsewhere, shoot them some where else. No Exceptions"? Or how about a car dealer that tells you if you don't get your oil changed at the dealer you void your warranty? How about a DVD burner in your computer that will only use one brand of blank DVD's... such as a Sony burner only writing Sony brand DVD's?

20 miles*2=40 miles.

My car gets 31 MPG. Gas is currently $2.63 in Annandale. That means it costs me $3.39 to drive 40 miles. I shoot ~400 rounds on a range visit. If this place is like Gilberts, they charge $12 for a box of 50 9MM. I can buy 100 9MM for $14 at wally world. Over the course of 400 rounds I've saved myself $40 by shooting the wally WWB ammo.
I agree with you. I think it does not matter the cost.

The point is that they do not want you shooting your own ammo you could have purchased in bulk. I hate ranges that force you to buy theirs.