Thread: Coming to Pennsylvanis

Formerly of Ireland, now Martinsburg, WV, West Virginia, USA

Post imported post

Hello there everyone.

Im planning a trip to the USA from Ireland, I will be flying into Pittsburgh Airport, then I am travelling to Virginia for a LAw Enforcement convention.

My question is do I need a Pennsylvania permit to travel through the State.

Many thanks

Eugene

Post imported post

Hmpf... I'll admit that I don't really know whether country of residency has an effect on what would otherwise be legal without any special permit or license (i.e. openly carrying a loaded firearm on foot and transporting an unloaded firearm).

Cherry Tree (Indiana County), Pennsylvania, USA

Post imported post

I believe our original poster is referring to some sort of internal passport (Ireland does not have states with their own individual governments).

Feel free to travel anywhere you want in the United States of America without any hassles, border checkpoints, internal passports, or any other restrictions. Of course, if you're driving, remember, over here we drive on the right side of the road, not the left.

Post imported post

Statkowski wrote:
    I believe our original poster is referring to some sort of internal passport (Ireland does not have states with their own individual governments).

Feel free to travel anywhere you want in the United States of America without any hassles, border checkpoints, internal passports, or any other restrictions. Of course, if you're driving, remember, over here we drive on the right side of the road, not the left.
    Well, I'm assuming he's talking about travelling with a handgun as his post on the Idaho forum talks about it.

Cherry Tree (Indiana County), Pennsylvania, USA

Post imported post

Just read on the Virginia post that our Irish friend will indeed be travelling with a personal protection device.

Not having a state-issued license or permit, he will have to transport it locked in the trunk, with the ammunition in a separate container. Other than that, no special permit or license is required.