• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Coming to Pennsylvanis

imperialism2024

imported post

Hmpf... I'll admit that I don't really know whether country of residency has an effect on what would otherwise be legal without any special permit or license (i.e. openly carrying a loaded firearm on foot and transporting an unloaded firearm).

:question:

Statkowski

Cherry Tree (Indiana County), Pennsylvania, USA
imported post

I believe our original poster is referring to some sort of internal passport (Ireland does not have states with their own individual governments).

Feel free to travel anywhere you want in the United States of America without any hassles, border checkpoints, internal passports, or any other restrictions. Of course, if you're driving, remember, over here we drive on the right side of the road, not the left.

imperialism2024

imported post

Statkowski wrote:
I believe our original poster is referring to some sort of internal passport (Ireland does not have states with their own individual governments).

Feel free to travel anywhere you want in the United States of America without any hassles, border checkpoints, internal passports, or any other restrictions. Of course, if you're driving, remember, over here we drive on the right side of the road, not the left.
Well, I'm assuming he's talking about travelling with a handgun as his post on the Idaho forum talks about it.

Statkowski

Cherry Tree (Indiana County), Pennsylvania, USA
imported post

Just read on the Virginia post that our Irish friend will indeed be travelling with a personal protection device.

Not having a state-issued license or permit, he will have to transport it locked in the trunk, with the ammunition in a separate container. Other than that, no special permit or license is required.