• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

New Mod

WhiteFeather

imported post

My personal beliefs are that of support for the mods. They have undertaken a risk in becoming an authority on an otherwise free market of ideas. Their goals should be to police up posts that cross the fine line of sanity and gross insult of persons. How does one do this when they risk "sensorship" and "violation of rights"PM'sbeing lashed at them by the keyboards of thousands of parishioners of the first church of the 1A. I have asked before how people draw the line in civil discussion and thread quagmire. These people are forced to make that decision. Some do it well others not so.

I do have a few requests on the matter.

1. If I cross a line at least make me aware of it.

2. Warnings before deletion make for much appriciation on the OP's part.

3. Punish those who commit said crime not everyone on the thread.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
imported post

longwatch wrote:
I am what I am, I am certainly open to critique, criticism, and helpful suggestions. I can't go too crazy because I have to face many of you in real life so there is one aspect of moderation on me. I will do what I think needs to be done though.
Ok - a simple thanks for an under appreciated service!
Yata hey