• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

How do I take apart my gun???

DreQo

State Researcher
imported post

Ok I have a Smith and Wesson SW99 and I would like to take it apart past the field strip for cleaning purposes. I was trying to find something online to help with the process but I'm not coming up with anything. Is there a good source for this kind of info that someone can point me towards?

DreQo

State Researcher
imported post

That's an awesome source. It appears to only have the owners manual, which I have a hard copy of. Do they even make "guides" for fully disassembling firearms? I can't say I'm familiar with the inner workings of them so I don't want to just start pulling out pins and springs. Also, can a pistol be fully or at least mostly disassembled w/o tools? The only tools I have around the house are standard car and handy man stuff, so I doubt I'll have much that will be useful in this case.

DreQo

State Researcher
imported post

FightingGlock19 wrote:
DreQo wrote:
Do they even make "guides" for fully disassembling firearms? I can't say I'm familiar with the inner workings of them so I don't want to just start pulling out pins and springs.
http://www.gun-guides.com
Good link. I might get one for my mossberg, but unfortunately they don't have one for the SW99 or P99. I don't suppose anyone on here has this type of handgun and has experience taking them apart, do they? :D