Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Tomorrow or Sunday Lunch/Dinner

Post imported post

Have we determined a location or time for the OC lunch? Is it Saturday or Sunday? Are we doing one on each day?

If no one else is willing to come up with a place to meet, I suggest that we go to Dennys in Bellevue (ne 8th and 116th) at 2:00pm on Saturday. I don't care if we go here or not, but somebody needs to throw out a time and date, so please let me know if you have a better idea.

I figure bellevue is good for the eastside people, and it's good for us north sound people. It's ok for the south sound, but not the best. I say Dennys because most people can afford it, and they have a wide variety of food. I say 2pm because it's a late lunch, which seems to be the prefference anyway.

So let's get this planned, guys! I have missed the last 2 and I don't want to miss this one as well.

btw, dennys in bellevue is easy to find. from south, take 405 north and take the NE 8th st exit (not SE 8th) and go right. It's right off the exit, you can't miss it. From the north, go south on 405 and take the ne 8th st exit (eastbound on 8th). Go left on ne 8th and you can't miss it.

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=l&hl=e...;z=14&om=1

Post imported post

I would highly suggest not going to the one on 8th and instead going to the one on 148th off of 520 near Crossroads. It's only a mile or two away from that one. I say this due to the fact that I have a group of friends that used to go to the one on 8th and we consistently got bad service and severly rude attitudes from the wait staff. The people at the one on 148th are much more polite and accommodating.

You take the East-bound exit for I-520 from I-405 and then take the first exit (there are two) for 148th Ave and follow it through the light (you can only turn right and once you stop, you're allowed to turn on a red there from either lane), then go through the next stoplight and Denny's is immediately on the right.

2233 148th Ave NE
    Bellevue, WA 98007
    (425) 746-1477

I will be there around 3-4am Saturday evening/Sunday morning, as I almost always am after I go to the geeky LARP I attend.

B.S. Chemistry UofWA '09
    KF7GEA

Post imported post

If the service is that much better that might be a good idea. 3-4 might work too.

Any other thoughts?

Post imported post

Hmm....that's a possibility because I will be in Seattle as of Saturday around that time......let's finalize that meeting and if that is the case I will try to be there.....

Founder's Club Member - Moderator Gray Peterson's Avatar

Post imported post

My thought was that it was going to be on Sunday and that was generally a permanent reschedule due to work schedule.

Post imported post

Lonnie Wilson wrote:
    My thought was that it was going to be on Sunday and that was generally a permanent reschedule due to work schedule.
    I was under the same impression.

Post imported post

So is it's Sunday 3-4 O-clock butam or pm ? Luke

Post imported post

expvideo wrote:
    If the service is that much better that might be a good idea. 3-4 might work too.

Any other thoughts?
    I was simply saying that I was already going to go to that one at 3-4 until around 6 AM with another group of friends.

I'm not suggesting we try to have it at that time. If you want to do 3-4pm on Saturday and/or Sunday, that works for me.

B.S. Chemistry UofWA '09
    KF7GEA

Post imported post

I'm new here so I just want to know when and where, as I think the more we get to know each other face to face the better. You guys come up with the timeand place and I'll try to make it there. I will be at the WAC show in Monroe Sat. morning till noon.Great place to eat in Snohomish, don't know the name but good eats, over looks the river,Luke

Post imported post

Sunday works better for me anyway. Why not sunday at about 3-4pm at the dennys on 148th in bellevue?

Does that work for everyone? Or almost everyone, since no time is ever good for all of us.

Campaign Veteran Right Wing Wacko's Avatar

Post imported post

There is no day that will work for everyone. Sundays are bad for me as I have a weird schedule (Sun-Wed). If it's EARLY sunday I might make it, otherwise....

Post imported post

I will not be able to make it anytime during a Washington Huskies or Seattle Seahawks game... anytime/anywhere. Sunday morning before the game or Sunday evening after the game is fine...

just my $.02...

Founder's Club Member - Moderator Gray Peterson's Avatar

Post imported post

Calling it. Sunday, 3PM, Dennys at 148th.

Post imported post

Lonnie Wilson wrote:
    Calling it. Sunday, 3PM, Dennys at 148th.
    NOW it's official....

I'll try to make it, but no promises as I'm already driving 5 million miles today and had semi-completed plans for tomorrow......

Post imported post

Sounds good to me. I am new here. Tomorrow @ 3pm Denney's Belevue. How can I find you guys? PG

Post imported post

Look for a bunch of crazy men with guns on their hips walking around. :what:

Sorry.. I just couldn't resist.

Post imported post

No idea if I can make it tomorrow, I'll try my best to though.

Post imported post

phone guy wrote:
    Sounds good to me. I am new here. Tomorrow @ 3pm Denney's Belevue. How can I find you guys? PG
    Look for me and my fiancee. Here's a picture. The kid's my brother, he won't be there.

Post imported post

Which one are you in the picture? 3PM Sunday works for me. Luke

Post imported post

I'll try to make it, but I literally just came from there and got home. I'm going to be going to sleep hopefully by 6:30am and I've got a head-cold. So, I'm hoping I'm not so run-down that I can't get out of bed for the lunch.

Worst part is I have to go study tomorrow for one of my three midterms on Monday.
    B.S. Chemistry UofWA '09
    KF7GEA

Post imported post

I'm going to be late. That seems to be the feeling I'm getting from a lot of the other people in the thread. We could do a dinner instead and call it at 5pm or 6pm... If you guys still want to do it at 3 that's fine, but I'll be about an hour, maybe an hour and a half late. If we wait until 5 or 6 maybe some of the seahawks fans can make it too.

Post imported post

OK, you know, if this can't be figured out until the last minute, this is not going to work....we need to lock something down ahead of time, because now all the sudden, it has gone from 3 to 5 PM, which is just too late for me to drive all the way to Bellevue and back since I have to be at work tomorrow. It gets a little old to have plans all made and you plan your weekend around showing up, and then at the last second everything changes. People waste their time and money driving to the wrong place or showing at the wrong time. If we can't hammer these lunches down to a time and place at least by mid week before the lunch, then I don't think many people will be able to make it, because it just gets crazy trying to reschedule everything at the last minute. I know I won't, and I won't waste my time and money trying.

Post imported post

compmanio365 wrote:
    OK, you know, if this can't be figured out until the last minute, this is not going to work....we need to lock something down ahead of time, because now all the sudden, it has gone from 3 to 5 PM, which is just too late for me to drive all the way to Bellevue and back since I have to be at work tomorrow. It gets a little old to have plans all made and you plan your weekend around showing up, and then at the last second everything changes. People waste their time and money driving to the wrong place or showing at the wrong time. If we can't hammer these lunches down to a time and place at least by mid week before the lunch, then I don't think many people will be able to make it, because it just gets crazy trying to reschedule everything at the last minute. I know I won't, and I won't waste my time and money trying.
    That's a good point. Why don't we just keep it at 3 and if people are late, then people are late. It's not like they're going to kick us out of dennys. Next time we can have some more solid plans, but there's no point planning if the plan changes all the time, so let's just keep the 3:00 time and if people want to hang around for the late arrivals then it would be nice. Besides, I'm sure we'd all like to see you again

Post imported post

I was unable to make it ( obviously ) how did it go?

Post imported post

expvideo wrote:
    compmanio365 wrote:
    That's a good point. Why don't we just keep it at 3 and if people are late, then people are late. It's not like they're going to kick us out of dennys. Next time we can have some more solid plans, but there's no point planning if the plan changes all the time, so let's just keep the 3:00 time and if people want to hang around for the late arrivals then it would be nice. Besides, I'm sure we'd all like to see you again
    Actually, we did, in fact, get "kicked out of Dennys".

We had all been there for about 2 hours and had finished meals (I arrived late at about 4pm) and one of the group had already departed. Then, Ryan, the manager came over andtoldLonnie (and just Lonnie, even though we were all carrying) that he had to take 'that' (indicating the pistol) out to his car. He said that a customer had complained and that "this is a family restaurant". The crappy thing is that I had been there the night before with him on as manager and he knows me well as an upstanding customer.

As we were leaving, the waitress, Sheri, who was very nice to us and gave good service apologized about us getting booted and said that Ryan wasn't even on the clock for another 15 minutes.

I am whole-heartily disappointed, as I've always had good relations with Ryan and have frequented that Denny's for months almost every Saturday evening/Sunday morning. I'm hoping that Lonnie's, my own, and any of the other gentlemen that send in complaints to the regional manager receive an apology or at the very least a retraction of the 'banning' of guns by the manager. As a side-note, there was no such signage to indicate such a policy at the entrance; I know, I've checked multiple times in the past.
    B.S. Chemistry UofWA '09
    KF7GEA

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast