• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Tomorrow or Sunday Lunch/Dinner

expvideo

imported post

Have we determined a location or time for the OC lunch? Is it Saturday or Sunday? Are we doing one on each day?

If no one else is willing to come up with a place to meet, I suggest that we go to Dennys in Bellevue (ne 8th and 116th) at 2:00pm on Saturday. I don't care if we go here or not, but somebody needs to throw out a time and date, so please let me know if you have a better idea.

I figure bellevue is good for the eastside people, and it's good for us north sound people. It's ok for the south sound, but not the best. I say Dennys because most people can afford it, and they have a wide variety of food. I say 2pm because it's a late lunch, which seems to be the prefference anyway.

So let's get this planned, guys! I have missed the last 2 and I don't want to miss this one as well.

btw, dennys in bellevue is easy to find. from south, take 405 north and take the NE 8th st exit (not SE 8th) and go right. It's right off the exit, you can't miss it. From the north, go south on 405 and take the ne 8th st exit (eastbound on 8th). Go left on ne 8th and you can't miss it.

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=l&hl=en&geocode=&time=&date=&ttype=&q=dennys&near=bellevue,+wa&ie=UTF8&ll=47.615942,-122.18668&spn=0.026904,0.05785&z=14&om=1

just_a_car

imported post

I would highly suggest not going to the one on 8th and instead going to the one on 148th off of 520 near Crossroads. It's only a mile or two away from that one. I say this due to the fact that I have a group of friends that used to go to the one on 8th and we consistently got bad service and severly rude attitudes from the wait staff. The people at the one on 148th are much more polite and accommodating.

You take the East-bound exit for I-520 from I-405 and then take the first exit (there are two) for 148th Ave and follow it through the light (you can only turn right and once you stop, you're allowed to turn on a red there from either lane), then go through the next stoplight and Denny's is immediately on the right.

[size="-1"]2233 148th Ave NE[/size]
[size="-1"]Bellevue, WA 98007[/size]
[size="-1"](425) 746-1477

I will be there around 3-4am Saturday evening/Sunday morning, as I almost always am after I go to the geeky LARP I attend.

[/size]

compmanio365

imported post

Hmm....that's a possibility because I will be in Seattle as of Saturday around that time......let's finalize that meeting and if that is the case I will try to be there.....

just_a_car

imported post

expvideo wrote:
If the service is that much better that might be a good idea. 3-4 might work too.

Any other thoughts?
I was simply saying that I was already going to go to that one at 3-4 until around 6 AM with another group of friends.

I'm not suggesting we try to have it at that time. If you want to do 3-4pm on Saturday and/or Sunday, that works for me.

flagwaver

imported post

I'm new here :cool:so I just want to know when and where, as I think the more we get to know each other face to:D face the better. You guys come up with the timeand place and I'll try to make it there. I will be at the WAC show in Monroe Sat. morning till noon.Great place to eat in Snohomish, don't know the name but good eats, over looks the river,:)Luke

expvideo

imported post

Sunday works better for me anyway. Why not sunday at about 3-4pm at the dennys on 148th in bellevue?

Does that work for everyone? Or almost everyone, since no time is ever good for all of us.

joshmmm

imported post

I will not be able to make it anytime during a Washington Huskies or Seattle Seahawks game... anytime/anywhere. Sunday morning before the game or Sunday evening after the game is fine...

just my $.02...

phoneguy

imported post

Sounds good to me. I am new here. Tomorrow @ 3pm Denney's Belevue. How can I find you guys? PG

expvideo

imported post

phone guy wrote:
Sounds good to me. I am new here. Tomorrow @ 3pm Denney's Belevue. How can I find you guys? PG

Look for me and my fiancee. Here's a picture. The kid's my brother, he won't be there.

IMG00339.jpg

just_a_car

imported post

I'll try to make it, but I literally just came from there and got home. I'm going to be going to sleep hopefully by 6:30am and I've got a head-cold. So, I'm hoping I'm not so run-down that I can't get out of bed for the lunch.

Worst part is I have to go study tomorrow for one of my three midterms on Monday.