Thread: Last gun this year

Post imported post

I recently picked up a Desantis SOB holster for my compact 1911. I was disappointed because even though they claim it is for the 4" barrel 1911, there is an inch and a quater of extraleather left at the end of my pistol. I figured the way to solve the preoblem! Florida gun Exchange has the Stainless Springfield Mil-Spec (not the GI) for $559!!! A deal compared to these parts. I should be getting it today or tomorrow.

(in the voice of Forrest Gump) Momma always told me, "when life gives you lemmons, make lemonade". I'll be squeezing the S--T out of those lemmons!

PS: they also have the S&W 642 Airweight for $359....

I know I misspelled beauty. Fok it!

Post imported post

OK, I just got it this AM. I'm happy with the firearm, but I noticed something funny. I am shooting very low with it. I wonder if it is because I shoot a compact 1911 most of the time. The other thing is that the trigger pull is truly a labor of love. You really have to want to pull the trigger in order to make it happen. Overall, satisfied with the weapon. It exactly what one would expect from a bare bones, mil spec 1911. It will be a great platform for building my own little Franken-field, bwahh ha ha hahhhh!