• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Self defense shooting in Chicago

AbNo

imported post

I have to admit, I wasn't terribly impressed by Chicago.

Myopic Books was pretty good, and Hot Doug's has some awesome lunches, but that's it.

XCon

imported post

For those who are seeking tactical training that simulates real life situations should check out Urban Warfare Training Center or visit www.opsmedia.com

imperialism2024

imported post

Opsgear wrote:
For those who are seeking tactical training that simulates real life situations should check out Urban Warfare Training Center or visit http://www.opsmedia.com
You may want to make sure your website works before you start spamming :)

But, real life situations, eh? Like the ones where 50 BGs storm into a bank, and you happen to be in the bathroom on the second floor of the atrium, so you happen to have amazing cover and access to your rectal holster? Or the one where you're driving down a (dirt) road in your Hummer and notice 30 Iraqi insurgents trying to break into an abandoned factory, and you need to infiltrate it and kill them all? :shock:

deepdiver

Campaign Veteran
imported post

I loved Chicago back in the 80s. Actually, it is the only big city where I have ever been willing to live, albeit for a pretty short time. Unfortunately, it is in the People's Republic of Illinois meaning that I haven't been there in a number of years and don't intend to visit again in the forseeable future.

I am happy to see that someone defended themselves in Illinois, let along Chicago, and didn't get charged with assault or some such crap.