Thread: New assessory for home defense!

Moderator / Administrator

Post imported post

Post imported post

Is the vid available somewhere else? My universitiy's campus firewall blocks break.com...

State Researcher

Post imported post

If I didn't have a pistol grip 12 ga. for home defense, I'd buy it.

Post imported post

Good idea....I could make one for $10 with 2 6' lengths of 1"x3" pine boards and a pair of 2" conduits clamps. Line the clamps with some foam rubber and you're good to go

Post imported post

No trigger guard?

Friday night:

*creak* *creak* *creak* *creak* *creak* *BANG*

> )

...then the shotgun goes off.
    -Unrequited

Post imported post

My Remington 870 sits upright next to my nightstand... that's good enough for me.

Post imported post

I have twin auto-loading shotguns swivel-mounted on a tripod that straddles my bed. Between and beneatht he two barrels is a tactical light that comes on automativally if I sit up in bed. Bungee cords keep the guns pointed at the bedroom ceiling. A motion sensor activates a set of motors and springs which points the guns at the bedroom door and flips on the tac light. It also causes a 500 lb iron gate to drop down on the staircase. Down below, in the living room, strobe lights start flashing a loud buzzer sounds, while a fog machine with powerful fans starts blowing streams of vapor into the living room. Really freaks out the cat.

Founder's Club Member

Post imported post

Tomahawk wrote:
    I have twin auto-loading shotguns swivel-mounted on a tripod that straddles my bed. Between and beneatht he two barrels is a tactical light that comes on automativally if I sit up in bed. Bungee cords keep the guns pointed at the bedroom ceiling. A motion sensor activates a set of motors and springs which points the guns at the bedroom door and flips on the tac light. It also causes a 500 lb iron gate to drop down on the staircase. Down below, in the living room, strobe lights start flashing a loud buzzer sounds, while a fog machine with powerful fans starts blowing streams of vapor into the living room. Really freaks out the cat.

That ain'tnothin.

I got a surplus B-17 Flying Fortress ball-turret in the bedroom ceiling. I swapped out the twin .50's for the barrels and actions of Benelli 12 ga.semi-auto's.

I'll make you an offer: I will argue and fight for all of your rights, if you will do the same for me. That is the only way freedom can work. We have to respect all rights, all the time--and strive to win the rights of the other guy as much as for ourselves.

If I am equal to another, how can I legitimately govern him without his express individual consent?

There is no human being on earth I hate so much I would actually vote to inflict government upon him.

Post imported post

You swapped .50s for shotguns?! I hope you put them somewhere useful. If not, let me have them. I'm building an ED-209 to patrol my yard and I'm short a few things...

Founder's Club Member

Post imported post

Tomahawk wrote:
    You swapped .50s for shotguns?! I hope you put them somewhere useful. If not, let me have them.
    Not til you get a better sense of fashion, or stop picking on me for mine, whichever comes first!
    I'll make you an offer: I will argue and fight for all of your rights, if you will do the same for me. That is the only way freedom can work. We have to respect all rights, all the time--and strive to win the rights of the other guy as much as for ourselves.

If I am equal to another, how can I legitimately govern him without his express individual consent?

There is no human being on earth I hate so much I would actually vote to inflict government upon him.

Founder's Club Member - Moderator longwatch's Avatar

Post imported post

The makers out to send one to the old guy down in Texas who shot those 2 robbers this month. I saw hes bought a new shotgun.

Post imported post

I'd consider getting (making) one, if the only shotgun in my house wasn't a bolt action with a 2-shot magazine.

The 1911 stays where it is, for now. As does the XD.
    Why open carry? Because 1911 > 911.

Post imported post

I made one of these for my handgun for about $10, and it covers the trigger.

Uncle mikes holster ($6), 3"x6'x3/16" piece of metal from home depot ($3), 2x 1/4" bolts/washers/nuts ($0.50), sticky backed felt strip ($0.50).

I cut the metal strip at about 3ft (depending on size of bed. I made the cut so the end would rest between my wife and I to assure no comfort loss) and welded (glue would work too) the remaining 3 feet across the end to make more stable (making a T shape) I then bent down about 6" of the strip at a 90deg angle so I had a place to mount the uncle mikes holster. I drilled holes through the 6" bent part of the metal strip and the holster and bolted the holster to the strip. I then pasted the felt over the bolts to keep from scratching my gun.

As an extra I cut a bed skirt to allow the holster/gun to be hidden but still accessible even without blankets on the bed.