• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

New assessory for home defense!

soloban

imported post

Good idea....I could make one for $10 with 2 6' lengths of 1"x3" pine boards and a pair of 2" conduits clamps. Line the clamps with some foam rubber and you're good to go :dude:

Tomahawk

imported post

I have twin auto-loading shotguns swivel-mounted on a tripod that straddles my bed. Between and beneatht he two barrels is a tactical light that comes on automativally if I sit up in bed. Bungee cords keep the guns pointed at the bedroom ceiling. A motion sensor activates a set of motors and springs which points the guns at the bedroom door and flips on the tac light. It also causes a 500 lb iron gate to drop down on the staircase. Down below, in the living room, strobe lights start flashing a loud buzzer sounds, while a fog machine with powerful fans starts blowing streams of vapor into the living room. Really freaks out the cat.

;)

Citizen

Founder's Club Member
imported post

Tomahawk wrote:
I have twin auto-loading shotguns swivel-mounted on a tripod that straddles my bed. Between and beneatht he two barrels is a tactical light that comes on automativally if I sit up in bed. Bungee cords keep the guns pointed at the bedroom ceiling. A motion sensor activates a set of motors and springs which points the guns at the bedroom door and flips on the tac light. It also causes a 500 lb iron gate to drop down on the staircase. Down below, in the living room, strobe lights start flashing a loud buzzer sounds, while a fog machine with powerful fans starts blowing streams of vapor into the living room. Really freaks out the cat.

;)

That ain'tnothin.

I got a surplus B-17 Flying Fortress ball-turret in the bedroom ceiling. I swapped out the twin .50's for the barrels and actions of Benelli 12 ga.semi-auto's.

:)

Tomahawk

imported post

You swapped .50s for shotguns?! I hope you put them somewhere useful. If not, let me have them. I'm building an ED-209 to patrol my yard and I'm short a few things...

ed-209.jpg

Citizen

Founder's Club Member
imported post

Tomahawk wrote:
You swapped .50s for shotguns?! I hope you put them somewhere useful. If not, let me have them.
Not til you get a better sense of fashion, or stop picking on me for mine, whichever comes first! :)

longwatch

Founder's Club Member - Moderator
imported post

The makers out to send one to the old guy down in Texas who shot those 2 robbers this month. I saw hes bought a new shotgun.

AbNo

imported post

I'd consider getting (making) one, if the only shotgun in my house wasn't a bolt action with a 2-shot magazine.

The 1911 stays where it is, for now. As does the XD.

xmirage2kx

imported post

I made one of these for my handgun for about $10, and it covers the trigger.

Uncle mikes holster ($6), 3"x6'x3/16" piece of metal from home depot ($3), 2x 1/4" bolts/washers/nuts ($0.50), sticky backed felt strip ($0.50).

I cut the metal strip at about 3ft (depending on size of bed. I made the cut so the end would rest between my wife and I to assure no comfort loss) and welded (glue would work too) the remaining 3 feet across the end to make more stable (making a T shape) I then bent down about 6" of the strip at a 90deg angle so I had a place to mount the uncle mikes holster. I drilled holes through the 6" bent part of the metal strip and the holster and bolted the holster to the strip. I then pasted the felt over the bolts to keep from scratching my gun.

As an extra I cut a bed skirt to allow the holster/gun to be hidden but still accessible even without blankets on the bed.