• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Branding Iron BBQ, Cedar City

combatcarry

imported post

I went to eat at a fairly new BBQ restaurant in Cedar City last night. The owner open carries a Ruger Single Action Six Shooter. I thought about asking him if it was loaded, but decided it was none of my business.

I'll bet this place will be one of the last to get robbed in Cedar City. Dang good food too!

Brian D.

imported post

I will never understand that sort of thing. When we had our open carry marches here in Ohio, for the purpose of drawing attention to the need formaking concealed carry legal, we were told that it was our option whether to carry the handguns loaded or not.

At one march I attended, a couple of folks made a point of telling me that they were definitely going to make sure to carry their firearms empty. Spent a whole bunch of time trying to figure that out and never could.

10-42SO

imported post

He is the son of a actor ( born in CA ) He movied to Cedar City just to save some $$$$ you know sold the house mommy and daddy gave him 15 years ago for 2.5 mill and found some little town 8 hours from LA and a house for 250,000. spends 6 months out of the year hear and the rest of the time in the sespool

combatcarry

imported post

I'm trying to think what actor he looks like.... Tom Selleck maybe?

As for the gun not being loaded... Thats silly... Maybe I should leave some bullets for my tip... that would be HILARIOUS!

10-42SO

imported post

He is the son of some western actor, use to be on Death Valley Days with Jim Davis. whitch was shot in Kanab UT ( this is how he found our little town )

Kevin Jensen

State Researcher
imported post

combatcarry wrote:
As for the gun not being loaded... Thats silly... Maybe I should leave some bullets for my tip... that would be HILARIOUS!

That would be awesome! But you can only leave him 4 if he does not have a CFP. ;)

althor

imported post

SGT Jensen wrote:
combatcarry wrote:

That would be awesome! But you can only leave him 4 if he does not have a CFP. ;)
Good one... but its his place of business, no cfp necessary and norequirement to carry unloaded. Give him all 6 to avoid being seatedby the kitchen during your next visit!