Thread: establishment that serves alcohol?

Post imported post

i looked everywhere but couldnt find the answer. i was just wondering if you can CC in an establishment that serves alcohol? and can you also consume alcohol if your CC'ing? if anyone knows the answer, can i also get a reference?

Cherry Tree (Indiana County), Pennsylvania, USA

Post imported post

You'll not find an answer as such because there is no law restrictingthe carrying of a firearm, concealed or openly, in an establishment that sells or dispenses alcoholic beverages (which includes State liquor stores).

If it's not made illegal by law, then it's perfectly legal.

Yes, a representative of the establishment may object and ask you to leave, but you can't get arrested just for lawfully carrying a personal protection device.

Post imported post

what about consuming if your CC'ing?

Cherry Tree (Indiana County), Pennsylvania, USA

Post imported post

That, Sir, is a personal decision on your part. It's not illegal.

State Researcher
    Just a "wannabe" in Mtn. Top, Pennsylvania, USA

Post imported post

As pointed out, not illegal.

I'll add that I stop at the state store every week or two, OC'ing as well as the beer distributer (several different ones).
    Never had an issue.

Post imported post

It may not be illegal but it is not recommended!!!

Post imported post

khmer_gentleman wrote:
    Why would you even consider it? That's as bad as drinking and driving, perhaps even worse.

Post imported post

Glock Man 4 Life wrote:
    khmer_gentleman wrote:
    Why would you even consider it? That's as bad as drinking and driving, perhaps even worse.
    Because everyone has different tolerances for alcohol, and one or two beers for a particular person may not impair his judgement in any way?

Campaign Veteran Right Wing Wacko's Avatar

Post imported post

However you can bet that if something happens and you end up using your weapon after consuming the slightest amount of alcohol that the DA will hang you out to dry!

Post imported post

Right Wing Wacko wrote:
    However you can bet that if something happens and you end up using your weapon after consuming the slightest amount of alcohol that the DA will hang you out to dry!
    Even more fun in the court room then.

I'm more impaired after only getting 5 hours of sleep than after having a beer or two.

Post imported post

Right Wing Wacko wrote:
    Oh really? So, a person would be legal to drive a vehicle........but not use a weapon?

Just what is a DA going to do?

Post imported post

Steve in PA wrote:
    Right Wing Wacko wrote:
    Oh really? So, a person would be legal to drive a vehicle........but not use a weapon?

I can see that a DA might very well attempt to use it against a person, but I feel there's a high probability that it would get dismissed.

Springfield by way of Chicago, Virginia, USA

Post imported post

imperialism2024 wrote:
    Steve in PA wrote:
    Right Wing Wacko wrote:

I can see that a DA might very well attempt to use it against a person, but I feel there's a high probability that it would get dismissed.
    Or, maybe not. Lawyers can paint a portrait of a story to a jury, if you know what I mean.

2nd Amendment.......Use it........Or, lose it!!:X
    The 2nd Amendment... brought to you by Beretta and the number 1791!!

State Researcher

Post imported post

Lot's of people have defended themselves with lethal force while, or shortly after, consuming alcohol. I've not heard of any getting "hung" for it.
    As long as the shootingwas justified (IOW, the alcohol didn't affect your judgement) you should be fine.

Post imported post

The only part that alcohol could play is if it affected your judgement. In that case, the DA would have evidence that contradicts what you are saying.

Post imported post

Steve in PA wrote:
    The only part that alcohol could play is if it affected your judgement. In that case, the DA would have evidence that contradicts what you are saying.
    My point exactly! It will give a lawyer all the ammunition (no pun intended) he/she needs to portray to a jury a nice portrait of a story.

2nd Amendment......Use it.......Or, lose it!!:X

State Researcher

Post imported post

Smurfologist wrote:
    Steve in PA wrote:
    My point exactly! It will give a lawyer all the ammunition (no pun intended) he/she needs to portray to a jury a nice portrait of a story.

Your missing the bigger point.
    Your right, about what a lawyer may do and have surely done before. But, in reality, that "story" doesn'tpla out to the advantage of the lawyer.
    I've never seen one case of someone loosing a self defense shooting case based SOLELY on their drinking. I've seen/heard of lots where the defendant was found to be justified that had been drinking.

Anything you can do to lower your chance of loosing in court is a good idea, and I certainly endorse it. No one is saying that drinking won't hurt your case. What we are saying is that it is NOT an automatic problem, like has been suggested here. In fact, it seems to be of little consequence provided a shoot was a good shoot.

Post imported post

Pa. Patriot wrote:
    Smurfologist wrote:
    Steve in PA wrote:

Your missing the bigger point.
    Your right, about what a lawyer may do and have surely done before. But, in reality, that "story" doesn'tpla out to the advantage of the lawyer.
    I've never seen one case of someone loosing a self defense shooting case based SOLELY on their drinking. I've seen/heard of lots where the defendant was found to be justified that had been drinking.

Anything you can do to lower your chance of loosing in court is a good idea, and I certainly endorse it. No one is saying that drinking won't hurt your case. What we are saying is that it is NOT an automatic problem, like has been suggested here. In fact, it seems to be of little consequence provided a shoot was a good shoot.

Totally understand your point......and you, mine. We are on the same road, but, we took two different routes to get there (smile).

2nd Amendment......Use it........Or, lose it!!:X