Results 1 to 18 of 18

Thread: establishment that serves alcohol?

  1. #1
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Lancaster, Pennsylvania, USA
    Posts
    108

    Post imported post

    i looked everywhere but couldnt find the answer. i was just wondering if you can CC in an establishment that serves alcohol? and can you also consume alcohol if your CC'ing? if anyone knows the answer, can i also get a reference?

  2. #2
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Cherry Tree (Indiana County), Pennsylvania, USA
    Posts
    1,155

    Post imported post

    You'll not find an answer as such because there is no law restrictingthe carrying of a firearm, concealed or openly, in an establishment that sells or dispenses alcoholic beverages (which includes State liquor stores).

    If it's not made illegal by law, then it's perfectly legal.

    Yes, a representative of the establishment may object and ask you to leave, but you can't get arrested just for lawfully carrying a personal protection device.

  3. #3
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Lancaster, Pennsylvania, USA
    Posts
    108

    Post imported post

    what about consuming if your CC'ing?

  4. #4
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Cherry Tree (Indiana County), Pennsylvania, USA
    Posts
    1,155

    Post imported post

    That, Sir, is a personal decision on your part. It's not illegal.

  5. #5
    State Researcher
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Just a "wannabe" in Mtn. Top, Pennsylvania, USA
    Posts
    1,441

    Post imported post

    As pointed out, not illegal.

    I'll add that I stop at the state store every week or two, OC'ing as well as the beer distributer (several different ones).
    Never had an issue.



  6. #6
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    norfolk, Virginia, USA
    Posts
    23

    Post imported post

    It may not be illegal but it is not recommended!!!

  7. #7
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    West Pittston, Pennsylvania, USA
    Posts
    6

    Post imported post

    khmer_gentleman wrote:
    what about consuming if your CC'ing?
    Why would you even consider it? That's as bad as drinking and driving, perhaps even worse.

  8. #8
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Catasauqua, Pennsylvania, USA
    Posts
    3,047

    Post imported post

    Glock Man 4 Life wrote:
    khmer_gentleman wrote:
    what about consuming if your CC'ing?
    Why would you even consider it? That's as bad as drinking and driving, perhaps even worse.
    Because everyone has different tolerances for alcohol, and one or two beers for a particular person may not impair his judgement in any way?

  9. #9
    Campaign Veteran Right Wing Wacko's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Marysville, Washington, USA
    Posts
    645

    Post imported post

    However you can bet that if something happens and you end up using your weapon after consuming the slightest amount of alcohol that the DA will hang you out to dry!

  10. #10
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Catasauqua, Pennsylvania, USA
    Posts
    3,047

    Post imported post

    Right Wing Wacko wrote:
    However you can bet that if something happens and you end up using your weapon after consuming the slightest amount of alcohol that the DA will hang you out to dry!
    Even more fun in the court room then.

    I'm more impaired after only getting 5 hours of sleep than after having a beer or two.

  11. #11
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Somewhere in PA
    Posts
    159

    Post imported post

    Right Wing Wacko wrote:
    However you can bet that if something happens and you end up using your weapon after consuming the slightest amount of alcohol that the DA will hang you out to dry!
    Oh really? So, a person would be legal to drive a vehicle........but not use a weapon?

    Just what is a DA going to do?

  12. #12
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Catasauqua, Pennsylvania, USA
    Posts
    3,047

    Post imported post

    Steve in PA wrote:
    Right Wing Wacko wrote:
    However you can bet that if something happens and you end up using your weapon after consuming the slightest amount of alcohol that the DA will hang you out to dry!
    Oh really? So, a person would be legal to drive a vehicle........but not use a weapon?

    Just what is a DA going to do?
    I can see that a DA might very well attempt to use it against a person, but I feel there's a high probability that it would get dismissed.

  13. #13
    Regular Member Smurfologist's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Springfield by way of Chicago, Virginia, USA
    Posts
    536

    Post imported post

    imperialism2024 wrote:
    Steve in PA wrote:
    Right Wing Wacko wrote:
    However you can bet that if something happens and you end up using your weapon after consuming the slightest amount of alcohol that the DA will hang you out to dry!
    Oh really? So, a person would be legal to drive a vehicle........but not use a weapon?

    Just what is a DA going to do?
    I can see that a DA might very well attempt to use it against a person, but I feel there's a high probability that it would get dismissed.
    Or, maybe not. Lawyers can paint a portrait of a story to a jury, if you know what I mean.

    2nd Amendment.......Use it........Or, lose it!!:X
    The 2nd Amendment... brought to you by Beretta and the number 1791!!

  14. #14
    State Researcher
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Just a "wannabe" in Mtn. Top, Pennsylvania, USA
    Posts
    1,441

    Post imported post

    Lot's of people have defended themselves with lethal force while, or shortly after, consuming alcohol. I've not heard of any getting "hung" for it.
    As long as the shootingwas justified (IOW, the alcohol didn't affect your judgement) you should be fine.

  15. #15
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Somewhere in PA
    Posts
    159

    Post imported post

    The only part that alcohol could play is if it affected your judgement. In that case, the DA would have evidence that contradicts what you are saying.

  16. #16
    Regular Member Smurfologist's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Springfield by way of Chicago, Virginia, USA
    Posts
    536

    Post imported post

    Steve in PA wrote:
    The only part that alcohol could play is if it affected your judgement. In that case, the DA would have evidence that contradicts what you are saying.
    My point exactly! It will give a lawyer all the ammunition (no pun intended) he/she needs to portray to a jury a nice portrait of a story.

    2nd Amendment......Use it.......Or, lose it!!:X
    The 2nd Amendment... brought to you by Beretta and the number 1791!!

  17. #17
    State Researcher
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Just a "wannabe" in Mtn. Top, Pennsylvania, USA
    Posts
    1,441

    Post imported post

    Smurfologist wrote:
    Steve in PA wrote:
    The only part that alcohol could play is if it affected your judgement. In that case, the DA would have evidence that contradicts what you are saying.
    My point exactly! It will give a lawyer all the ammunition (no pun intended) he/she needs to portray to a jury a nice portrait of a story.

    2nd Amendment......Use it.......Or, lose it!!:X
    Your missing the bigger point.
    Your right, about what a lawyer may do and have surely done before. But, in reality, that "story" doesn'tpla out to the advantage of the lawyer.
    I've never seen one case of someone loosing a self defense shooting case based SOLELY on their drinking. I've seen/heard of lots where the defendant was found to be justified that had been drinking.

    Anything you can do to lower your chance of loosing in court is a good idea, and I certainly endorse it. No one is saying that drinking won't hurt your case. What we are saying is that it is NOT an automatic problem, like has been suggested here. In fact, it seems to be of little consequence provided a shoot was a good shoot.



  18. #18
    Regular Member Smurfologist's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Springfield by way of Chicago, Virginia, USA
    Posts
    536

    Post imported post

    Pa. Patriot wrote:
    Smurfologist wrote:
    Steve in PA wrote:
    The only part that alcohol could play is if it affected your judgement. In that case, the DA would have evidence that contradicts what you are saying.
    My point exactly! It will give a lawyer all the ammunition (no pun intended) he/she needs to portray to a jury a nice portrait of a story.

    2nd Amendment......Use it.......Or, lose it!!:X
    Your missing the bigger point.
    Your right, about what a lawyer may do and have surely done before. But, in reality, that "story" doesn'tpla out to the advantage of the lawyer.
    I've never seen one case of someone loosing a self defense shooting case based SOLELY on their drinking. I've seen/heard of lots where the defendant was found to be justified that had been drinking.

    Anything you can do to lower your chance of loosing in court is a good idea, and I certainly endorse it. No one is saying that drinking won't hurt your case. What we are saying is that it is NOT an automatic problem, like has been suggested here. In fact, it seems to be of little consequence provided a shoot was a good shoot.

    Totally understand your point......and you, mine. We are on the same road, but, we took two different routes to get there (smile).

    2nd Amendment......Use it........Or, lose it!!:X


    The 2nd Amendment... brought to you by Beretta and the number 1791!!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •