• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Lets get together and do some SHOOTING!!!!

Tacomatose

imported post

Hello there,

While we were at the dinner on Saturday night, Clark and I were talking and decided that we wanted to organize a group shoot in the near future. We are hoping to put one together before the weather gets too messy. We were thinking of maybe having it out west of Utah Lake, and bringing all kinds of fun toys (yes we are thinking about full auto!!)

I would like to start to get some feedback as to who would like to attend, and what your thoughts are. Again, we would need to do this fairly quickly to take advantage of the fair weather we are still experiencing. We always have the option of meeting up at an indoor range during the winter, but if we can make this work outdoors, it will allow us to do things above what is allowed in a range.

Let me know what you think. B

althor

imported post

I'd think twice about going out on a Saturday with nice weather. I used to shoot out there quite often but hadn'tfor a while until I went three or fourweeks ago.

There were quite a few groups of shooters, and it was definately not safe. There were so many people looking for a place to set up that many ended up choosing sites with other shooters and vehicles as their backstop... and nobody seemed to mind. Either that or they couldn't see from their location.There are hills and hollows all over and roads criss-cross quite a bit adding to the confusion. Some kids had left their groups to find aspot of their own to shoot in only to pick a spot that lined up with my truck.

That was a short session for me. I got out of there and felt lucky that I made it. Its too bad because it was a nice place to shoot. I'm afraid that someone will end up getting hurt and that it will be the final straw that closes the area to all shooters for good.

If you go there, just be careful and take a good look around and be mindful of those that show up after you.

Tacomatose

imported post

Thanks for the update.

I have a few spots out there that are a little further off the beaten path and we have never had any problems. You are absolutely right about the carelessness of a few members of the shooting society. I was almost shot last year by a couple guys shooting a moose up Farmington canyon. You can't fix stupid and you have to admit....some people are STUPID;)

apollosmith

imported post

althor wrote:
There were quite a few groups of shooters, and it was definately not safe.
After this week (hunting season), things will slow down A LOT. All of the ranges have been real busy the last few weeks.

althor

imported post

apollosmith wrote:
althor wrote:
There were quite a few groups of shooters, and it was definately not safe.
After this week (hunting season), things will slow down A LOT. All of the ranges have been real busy the last few weeks.

I'm sure that's a big part of it, but its just one of those things that I'drather not see. Like litter and shot up signs. We're always being watched and should keepthat in mind so as to make a good impression.

b1ack5mith

imported post

where i go (west mountains, payson) theres always room for everyone, it has a safe backstop for shooting (a nice hillside)