• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

On Killing & On Combat

Mjolnir

imported post

How many people here have read these 2 books?

Anybody who carries a weapon for self defence should without a doubt buy and read both of these books a couple times.

It teaches ya how the mind works and what you will encounter if you ever shoot somebody, or are shot at.

Check out the web page as well, it's got some great info!!

http://www.killology.com/

Mjolnir

imported post

Bump to top, ya would think that this subject is important to those who cary weapons.

Doug Huffman

Banned
Washington Island, across Death's Door, Wisconsin,
imported post

With respect; it verges on the eXtreme CQB aspect of shotgun-chic. Kind'a like the guy selling himself as http://opencarry.mywowbb.com/forum65/5942.html

Or analogous to Armstrong's book 'It's not About the Bicycle.'

Or, is "hoplophilia" better than hoplophobia, though still a paraphilia?

There was a thread on required reading...

I read OP a couple of times before deciding to respond out of consideration for your previous posts.

imperialism2024

imported post

Doug Huffman wrote:
With respect; it verges on the eXtreme CQB aspect of shotgun-chic. Kind'a like the guy selling himself as http://opencarry.mywowbb.com/forum65/5942.html

Or analogous to Armstrong's book 'It's not About the Bicycle.'

Or, is "hoplophilia" better than hoplophobia, though still a paraphilia?

There was a thread on required reading...

I read OP a couple of times before deciding to respond out of consideration for your previous posts.
:nods head:

Mjolnir

imported post

Hericletus said it better than I ever could.

Of every one hundred men, Ten shouldn't even be there, Eighty are nothing but targets, Nine are real fighters...We are lucky to have them...They make the battle. Ah, but the ONE, ONE of them is a WARRIOR...and HE will bring the others back."--Hericletus (circa 500 BC)

The fighter's and warriors are the ones who reads and understand those books, they are the ones who who prepare not only in body but in spirit & in mind.

Those books have been written by and for people who have seen the elephant & walked away both intact along with others who were both physically and mentally injured. Lots of superb quotes and statements/stories from people who have been there and now understand why the human body & mind reacts the way it does.

expvideo

imported post

Personally I don't think I need a "warrior mentality" while I'm shopping at walmart. I think a lot of people obsess over "having" (read "getting") to shoot someone. I care about being proficient with my tools, and I practice with them. I study a little in tactics and prepare myself mentally for the possibility of having to use my weapon. But I don't obsess, and I don't consider myself a "warrior". I consider myself a man, and as a man it is my responsibility to protect the people in my life that are weaker and unable to protect themselves. That doesn't make me a warrior, and neither does reading books or playing video games or studying at Thunder Ranch.

I'm sorry if it hurts your feelings, but to me anyone who considers themselves a "warrior", but has never been involved in a war, is a poser. I live in a somewhat peaceful society where I hope I never have to dispatch a couple of gangstas to their maker, not some war zone where I am battling soldiers to the beat of machinegun fire and grenades.

Mjolnir

imported post

expvideo wrote:
but to me anyone who considers themselves a "warrior", but has never been involved in a war, is a poser.
Sad to say you don't understand and refuse to open your mind to the concept.

Why is it you have this idea & people who have been there done that do not?

You do not have had to be in the military and/or been involved in a war to be a warriror.

expvideo

imported post

Mjolnir wrote:
expvideo wrote:
but to me anyone who considers themselves a "warrior", but has never been involved in a war, is a poser.
Sad to say you don't understand and refuse to open your mind to the concept.

Why is it you have this idea & people who have been there done that do not?

You do not have had to be in the military and/or been involved in a war to be a warriror.
I think you are confusing "warrior" with "armchair commando".

Mjolnir

imported post

expvideo wrote:
I think you are confusing "warrior" with "armchair commando".

Ahhh, the keyboard commando who is like the armchair commando & gunshop Navy Seal/Army snake eater:
keyboardcommando.jpg