• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Fairfax Coalition of Police President: "there are plenty of gun laws out there already"

Mike

Site Co-Founder
imported post

http://tinyurl.com/3d2gwf

SNIP

Marshall Thielen, president of the Fairfax Coalition of Police, says his union was happy to endorse the candidate who's "very much in line with what my membership considers reasonable gun legislation -- I mean, there are plenty of gun laws out there already."

dichamw

Alexandria (Fairfax County), Virginia, USA
imported post

My Opinion, There are plenty of gun laws like there are plenty of immigration laws. The police really need to properly enforce those laws. Lawfully, not this cherrypicking use, adding to, or taking from the laws.

Tomahawk

imported post

dichamw wrote:
My Opinion, There are plenty of gun laws like there are plenty of immigration laws. The police really need to properly enforce those laws. Lawfully, not this cherrypicking use, adding to, or taking from the laws.
Careful what you ask for. There are alot of stupid laws out there.

XD Owner

imported post

Hell, get rid of most of the gun laws. Guns are not the problem, the misuse of guns by criminals is one problem. The other problem is the disarming of the civilian population by politicians.

SomewhereI read that during the Colonial era, the number of gun laws were very few. For example, one law required men to carry a gun to church! Now it is against the law in some states (like Virginia) to carry a gun to church.

As a member of the Unorganized United States Militia per 10 USC 311, why can't I have a militia type weapon (like a select fire M4?) I know it's against the law, but like someone said, there are a lot of stupid laws out there.

Killing people with malice forethought, for example, is a crime, whether it is committed with a gun, knife, baseball bat, poison, acid, or bare hands. Charging a person with a gun crime on top of the homicide charge will not change anything.

Defenestration is illegal is it not? So why don't we ban windows more than five feet above the ground?

Has gun bans on school grounds stopped killings? Of course not, but teachers, even with CHPs in Virginia are not allowed to exercise their 2nd Amendment rights.

Glenn Beck has an alarming series on CNN called the Perfect Day. Terrorists will, someday, in the US, attack several elementary schools like the massacre which occurred in Beslan, Russia. Imagine what would happen that day when 100 or 200 kids and teachers in five or ten schools are shot and thrown out the windows by radical terrorists? Who would want to send their kids to school after that? Who would want to go to work and leave their children? And who could blame an American president if the perpertrators were the followers of a religion, let's say, to attack the holy sites of that religion? This is what the terrorists want of course, a massive overreaction to increase and solidify their power over co-religionists in the name of fighting the evil US.

This scenario is not far-fetched, and I pray that the US and state governments will quickly enact new laws allowing protective patriots who work and visit our schools to carry firearms.

If banks have armed guards in armored vehicles moving money (easily replaced by insurance if lost), why doesn't the government allow drivers of soft-skinnedschool busses carrying our irreplaceable children to carry a gun? Why aren't teachers allowed to carry guns to protect the children if they so choose?

Anyway, felt like venting.