• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Give me the pros and cons on Safariland holsters..

DreQo

State Researcher
imported post

Mjolnir wrote:
Something ya might want to check out is the Safariland 6004-10 Single Strap drop leg holster. It's getting superb reviews by guys who have em & before they came out with the single strap lots of people were taking a dremel tool to thier 6004 and turning it into a single strap hi rise holster.

Check out page 16 http://www.safariland.com/info/pdf/Safariland%20Duty%20Gear%20Catalog%202007.pdf
I wish you would have mentioned that earlier, I would have ordered the single strap vice the double. I like the double, though, so I should be happy with it.

Mjolnir

imported post

DreQo wrote:
Mjolnir wrote:
Something ya might want to check out is the Safariland 6004-10 Single Strap drop leg holster. It's getting superb reviews by guys who have em & before they came out with the single strap lots of people were taking a dremel tool to thier 6004 and turning it into a single strap hi rise holster.

Check out page 16 http://www.safariland.com/info/pdf/Safariland%20Duty%20Gear%20Catalog%202007.pdf
I wish you would have mentioned that earlier, I would have ordered the single strap vice the double. I like the double, though, so I should be happy with it.
Mine is the 1st generation single strap from way back when & I like it but it does not have the shroud & after using the ones with the dual strap & shroud it really stablizes em when running. My bigest grip was it sat to low on my leg as I liked it as high as I could wear em & the single strap one let ya wear it much higher.

Did not know about the new style till last week after chatting with a few friends & in passing asked em what holsters they were using now.

These guys ain't the easiest to track down & don't operate out of any set FOB so we chat when we can ifin ya know what I mean. Need to make a trip over to Ft Carson once they get home for a few beers.

Oh and these are some of the guys who are anti serpa so take this info as you will & that's one of the major reasons ya don't find it on the web or published anyplace as it's all word of mouth.

metricinch

imported post

great products and customer service that is second to none. I would recomend Safariland to anyone.

stupid forum software errored out and would not allow me to edit my first post...

spurrit

imported post

Pro: Best holster available. You'll never wear them out.

Con: I'm cheap, and they cost around $65.

DreQo

State Researcher
imported post

spurrit wrote:
Pro: Best holster available. You'll never wear them out.

Con: I'm cheap, and they cost around $65.
Dude did you just decide to reply to every post on this forum in one night?

spurrit

imported post

Did you wake up and decide to be a douchebag?

I was up all night with a new litter of puppies. One of my Border Collies had nine in her first litter. Seemed to be a good way to pass the time. Did you wake up and decide to reply to everything I posted with something stupid?

Mjolnir

imported post

So, how do you like your holster?

Would you get the same rig again, or do something different if you were to get another rig.

DreQo

State Researcher
imported post

Mjolnir wrote:
So, how do you like your holster?

Would you get the same rig again, or do something different if you were to get another rig.

I'm still loving everything about them. The ALS belt holster is my carry holster 90% of the time. I dunno if you saw my thread about me falling on it while I was skating, but the thing is ridiculously tough. The ALS thigh rig has also done well, and I've decided I'm happier with the 2-strap in the long run. There's not a thing I don't like about them!

Mjolnir

imported post

DreQo wrote:
I'm still loving everything about them. The ALS belt holster is my carry holster 90% of the time. I dunno if you saw my thread about me falling on it while I was skating, but the thing is ridiculously tough. The ALS thigh rig has also done well, and I've decided I'm happier with the 2-strap in the long run. There's not a thing I don't like about them!
Don't think I saw that thread.

Need to get one or two of the ALS rigs do I :cool::cool: