• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Chap Petersen smack down of Devolites Davis on gun control

Mike

Site Co-Founder
imported post

Last night I just watched a live debate between Petersen and Devolites Davis an TV8 News (DC Metro area).

In response to a question about guns in public buildings, Devolites Davis attacked
Chap as being linked to "the Virginia Citizens Defense League" the folks who
"hold gun giveaways in Supervisors' offices."

Petersen responded that he supports state wide uniformity of gun laws just
like Mark Warner and just like DD voted in 2004 (HB530/HB483 - see votes at http://leg1.state.va.us/cgi-bin/legp504.exe?ses=041&typ=bil&val=hb530).

DD said he was wrong that she only voted for transportation preemption and
that guns in Fairfax County are not needed b/c FFX is high crime

Chap corrected her and said she voted for full preemption, including
possession, and that FFX is a low crime locality, so "my opponent had gotten all the
facts backward
."

DoubleR

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Damn, I wish I had known that was going to be on. I'll have to see if it's on the web somewhere. DD's ads, just like all of the Dems ads are all full of that stuff. She is a true RINO.

Mike

Site Co-Founder
imported post

UPDATE:

Chap's not going to take it . . . ANYMORE!

See video at http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AmbzUAww0lM

$250.00 buys an additional time slot for Chap - so donate if you have the coin - and let Devolites Davis know you are paying her back for her fanatical efforts to ban private citizen to citizen gun sales in VA! Contact Ms. Devolites Davis at jdevolites@aol.com

-----------------

ffx-senator-logo-255-219.jpg

[align=right]
chap-daughter.jpg
[/align]

Friends, Virginians, citizens of Fairfax:

Twenty-five years ago, a band called Twisted Sisterhad a hit called "We'reNot Going to Take It!" That's where this campaign is sitting. For ten months, we have walked this district, meeting voters and spreading a positive message of "new leadership." As we close in on Election Day, our spirits are high. And we're not taking it anymore.

Our opponents have no message (except slogansthey borrow from us). On TV, it is fabrication, attack, fabrication, attack. Their thought is that we don't have the funds to fight back.

Wrong.

Today, we areairing aTV commercial that sets the record straight. Here it is. My opponentdoesn't wantpeople to seeit, because it exposes her State Senatetermas just another "no show" job. Apparently, she only shows up to raise Fairfax County taxes!

With every donation at http://www.fairfaxsenator.com, we keep this commercial on the air. And we keep our positive message on the ground and in the mailbox. That's the winning combination as we close in on Election Day.

Please help uskeep thiscommercial on the air (and "no show" legislators out of the Virginia legislature). A donation of just $250.00 buys an additional time slot. As we prepare for Election Day, please contact kathy@fairfaxsenator.com or (703) 349-3361 to help us on Tuesday, November 6th. And, as always, let us know how we can represent you better.

Sincerely,

chap-signature.gif

Chap Petersen

Visit us at http://www.fairfaxsenator.com

Mike

Site Co-Founder
imported post

And from yesterday's VCDL.org VA-ALERT:

--

3. Republicans, too: Democrat vs Democrat in the Senate District 34 race?

While the Democratic Party has been sending out mailers in NoVA
attacking candidates for being too pro-gun, a Republican has been
doing the same thing to a Democrat!!

Anti-gun and self proclaimed RINO (Republican In Name Only)
Jeannemarie Devolites-Davis has been distorting the pro-gun voting
record of her Democratic rival, Chap Petersen.

Here is a television attack-ad that Devolites-Davis is running
against Petersen that shows her disdain for gun owners. It also
doesn't mention that Petersen's votes were matched by the majority of
Republicans, leaving Devolites-Davis the odd-woman out:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=iGZkIydbOeY

What a bizarre campaign Devolites-Davis is running. In a debate on
Channel 8 in NoVA on Monday, Devolites attacked Petersen for voting
for full firearms preemption in 2004. Trouble is, and Petersen
called her on it, in a rare pro-gun move SHE voted for that bill,
too! Oooops.

If you live in Senate District 34, contact Devolites-Davis and tell
her to fill out and return the VCDL Candidate Survey and to stop
hiding behind negative and misleading attacks on Chap Petersen's gun
voting-record. Her email address is:

jdevolites@aol.com

TEX1N

imported post

Mike wrote:
*Snip:

Here is a television attack-ad that Devolites-Davis is running
against Petersen that shows her disdain for gun owners. It also
doesn't mention that Petersen's votes were matched by the majority of
Republicans, leaving Devolites-Davis the odd-woman out:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=iGZkIydbOeY
I've seen that ad running for about a month now, and I don't see how DD thinks it's going to help for her to turn all of the gun owners against her! I'd vote for Chap on that ad alone.

Tess

Founder's Club Member
imported post

I don't like Chap's ad either, but every time I've seen the DD ad I've e-mailed her to thank her for airing Chap Peterson ads, and telling her he has my vote.

dichamw

Alexandria (Fairfax County), Virginia, USA
imported post

I'll probably get banned from the board, but I'm gonna say it, its all politics. All I see here is a bunch of democratsjust telling why they are voting for thier candidate Chap over DD the republicananyway and maybe a few RINOs themselveshere just trying to justify tothemselves why they will vote for a democrat. I'm just a conversative base voter, who it will take something more, considerably moreimportant than this issueto bring me off the base. I OC and CC and I think gun rights are important and will support, but its not the most "important issue". DD will get my vote unless some can prove beyond a mere "ad" that Chap a democrat is worth my vote.

http://www.devolites.org/

Tomahawk

imported post

dichamw wrote:
I'll probably get banned from the board, but I'm gonna say it, its all politics. All I see here is a bunch of democratsjust telling why they are voting for thier candidate Chap over DD the republicananyway and maybe a few RINOs themselveshere just trying to justify tothemselves why they will vote for a democrat.
Really? You think you are seeing a bunch of democrats?

dichamw

imported post

Tomahawk wrote:
dichamw wrote:
I'll probably get banned from the board, but I'm gonna say it, its all politics. All I see here is a bunch of democratsjust telling why they are voting for thier candidate Chap over DD the republicananyway and maybe a few RINOs themselveshere just trying to justify tothemselves why they will vote for a democrat.
Really? You think you are seeing a bunch of democrats?

There is a saying for this. If the shoe fits, wear it. There been a quietness on this board onthis issue that very loud to me.

Mike

Site Co-Founder
imported post

dichamw wrote:
I'm just a conversative base voter, who it will take something more, considerably moreimportant than this issueto bring me off the base.
Troll? Seems to me that Devolites Davis is so far OFF BASE that this post is non-sensical. See ATR's Grover Norquist's comment about Devolites Davis at http://www.atr.org/content/pdf/2004/various/pr-va-poster8-12-04.pdf:

SNIP

“These tax-hikers are a dying breed of Republican. They turned against the taxpayers of their state, and past experience has shown that people in the Commonwealth do not appreciate having their wallets raided,” said Grover Norquist, president of Americans for Tax Reform. “The last tax hike referendum went down big time, which is why the tax hikers did not take their tax increase to the people this time. These legislators really are ‘Virginia’s Least Wanted’, and they will have to
deal with the consequences of their actions in 2005, when voters take to the polls.”
The poster lists the following tax hikers:
1. Gov. Mark Warner
2. Sen. Harry Blevins
3. Sen. John H. Chichester
4. Sen. Jeannemarie Devolites . . ."

So what are we to believe? That Grover is not part of the conservative base?

dichamw

imported post

Mike wrote:
dichamw wrote:
I'm just a conversative base voter, who it will take something more, considerably moreimportant than this issueto bring me off the base.
Troll? Seems to me that Devolites Davis is so far OFF BASE that this post is non-sensical. See ATR's Grover Norquist's comment about Devolites Davis at http://www.atr.org/content/pdf/2004/various/pr-va-poster8-12-04.pdf:

SNIP

“These tax-hikers are a dying breed of Republican. They turned against the taxpayers of their state, and past experience has shown that people in the Commonwealth do not appreciate having their wallets raided,” said Grover Norquist, president of Americans for Tax Reform. “The last tax hike referendum went down big time, which is why the tax hikers did not take their tax increase to the people this time. These legislators really are ‘Virginia’s Least Wanted’, and they will have to
deal with the consequences of their actions in 2005, when voters take to the polls.”
The poster lists the following tax hikers:
1. Gov. Mark Warner
2. Sen. Harry Blevins
3. Sen. John H. Chichester
4. Sen. Jeannemarie Devolites . . ."

So what are we to believe? That Grover is not part of the conservative base?
Is Troll?mis-type or a comment?

Tess

Founder's Club Member
imported post

dichamw wrote:
<snip> DD will get my vote unless some can prove beyond a mere "ad" that Chap a democrat is worth my vote.
I feel sorry for people who are so hard-won by labels that they will refuse to vote for someone with the wrong label.

You DO have other choices. For example, I've offered my name to those who want to send a message against Puller (VA Senate) or Amundsen (VA Delegate) and write me in instead.

Oh well. Democracy counts - literally. Chap needs to get more voters to the polls.

Bulldog1967

imported post

dichamw wrote:
I'll probably get banned from the board, but I'm gonna say it, its all politics. All I see here is a bunch of democratsjust telling why they are voting for thier candidate Chap over DD the republicananyway and maybe a few RINOs themselveshere just trying to justify tothemselves why they will vote for a democrat. I'm just a conversative base voter, who it will take something more, considerably moreimportant than this issueto bring me off the base. I OC and CC and I think gun rights are important and will support, but its not the most "important issue". DD will get my vote unless some can prove beyond a mere "ad" that Chap a democrat is worth my vote.

http://www.devolites.org/

"We have met the enemy and he is us" :banghead:

You must be lost then, because THIS board IS about GUN RIGHTS.

I am a life long Republican, and have worked for R's for some time. In fact, I filmed the Fred Thompson Presidential announcement.

This election isn't in my district, but if it WAS, I WOULD vote for Peterson.

I saw Devil-light Davis in "action" during the VCDL lobbying day in Richmond last year, when she paraded school children in front of the news cameras to pimp her legislation to close the non-existant "gun show loophole."

Fortunately, VCDL got wind of the meeting, crashed it, and basically schooled her and the other gun grabbers on what we though of that issue....in the end, VCDL was seen as the experts on gun matters and Devil-light Davis was shown to be the incompetent fool we all now know her to be.

Go Chap.