• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Chap Petersen smack down of Devolites Davis on gun control

dichamw

Alexandria (Fairfax County), Virginia, USA
imported post

Bulldog1967 wrote:
dichamw wrote:
I'll probably get banned from the board, but I'm gonna say it, its all politics. All I see here is a bunch of democratsjust telling why they are voting for thier candidate Chap over DD the republicananyway and maybe a few RINOs themselveshere just trying to justify tothemselves why they will vote for a democrat. I'm just a conversative base voter, who it will take something more, considerably moreimportant than this issueto bring me off the base. I OC and CC and I think gun rights are important and will support, but its not the most "important issue". DD will get my vote unless some can prove beyond a mere "ad" that Chap a democrat is worth my vote.

http://www.devolites.org/

"We have met the enemy and he is us" :banghead:

You must be lost then, because THIS board IS about GUN RIGHTS.

I am a life long Republican, and have worked for R's for some time. In fact, I filmed the Fred Thompson Presidential announcement.

This election isn't in my district, but if it WAS, I WOULD vote for Peterson.

I saw Devil-light Davis in "action" during the VCDL lobbying day in Richmond last year, when she paraded school children in front of the news cameras to pimp her legislation to close the non-existant "gun show loophole."

Fortunately, VCDL got wind of the meeting, crashed it, and basically schooled her and the other gun grabbers on what we though of that issue....in the end, VCDL was seen as the experts on gun matters and Devil-light Davis was shown to be the incompetent fool we all now know her to be.

Go Chap.
Good, we do agree on one thing fellow republican. GO Fred Next President

Skeptic

Founder's Club Member
imported post

Personally, for me, RKBA is just about the most important issue.

Not only because of the weapons themselves, or that without weapons we go from citizens to subjects.

And not even only because they represent the fundemental right to defend myself and my family not only from miscreants, but tyranny as well.

The issue represents a fundemental mindset on a whole host of issues, from the fundemental role of government, to what type of person they are. Someone who doesn't trust guns in the hands of citizens is not really mistrustful of the guns - they don't trust the citizens.

Someone with such a blanket mistrust is someone, IMO, who is not to be trusted themselves. They are likely to legislate against whatever can be construed as dangerous, from personally owned vehicles to cell phones to talk radio to non organic fruits and vegetables. They are the type who want to substitute their judgement for ours, and impose their fears on us all. What's good enough for them has to be good enough for everyone, and anyone else - minority or majority - can go pound sand.

Without the ability to exercise our 2nd amendment rights, we have no way to defend the other ones.

I don't know much about this Davis woman. But her opposition to our right to defend ourselves speaks very loudly to me.

casullshooter

imported post

VCDL President wrote:
zoom6zoom wrote:
In related news, DD's RINO hubby Tom Davis today announced that he would NOT be running for John Warner's Senate seat.
Aniticipating a loss by his wife, perhaps?

Probably also anticipating his own embarrassing loss in the primaries. I would not vote for him in a primary as he is borderline RINO himself. I have voted for T. Davis in the gen. elections as the Demo. usually is the worse evil.

Locally, Go Fitzsimmons defeat the very evil and self-serving Chuckie Colgan! I have my son working on his campaign as well as C. Stewart.

pourshot

Campaign Veteran
imported post

I have NEVER voted anything but conservative...EVER!

But I sent money to Chap...

From what I understand, the only conservative stance she has is pro life. For everything else she is a Democrat....a self proclaimed Rhino!

TEX1N

imported post

pourshot wrote:
From what I understand, the only conservative stance she has is pro life. For everything else she is a Democrat....a self proclaimed Rhino!
I don't think anyone is trying to argue that she is a conservative, only that she is a republican! Which in 21st century politics can be a big difference! :banghead:

Thors_Mitersaw

imported post

Whydo people poke fun at libertarians when they say all the demopublicans are the same again?

sjhipple

imported post

dichamw wrote:
All I see here is a bunch of democratsjust telling why they are voting for thier candidate Chap over DD the republicananyway and maybe a few RINOs themselveshere just trying to justify tothemselves why they will vote for a democrat.
You think this board is full of Dems?? HA HA HA HA AH AH AH HA
laughter.gif
. You obviously haven't been here very long.

This is a board full of people who support the Constitution and the the rights enshrined in its Bill of Rights. Many of us - including myself - are lifelong Republicans. However, we have PRINCIPLES and unlike you, we don't follow around our "leaders" wherever they tell us to go.Ihave been aRepublicans because of my beliefs...I don't have my beliefs, like some weak-minded sheeple, because of my party.
it will take something more, considerably moreimportant than this issueto bring me off the base. I OC and CC and I think gun rights are important and will support, but its not the most "important issue".
Kindly explain what's more important than your human rights, Constitutional Rights and god-given natural rights.

My question to you: what issue would cause you to vote Democrat. Do you have any? Or are you just a party robot?

AbNo

imported post

pourshot wrote:

Political ideologies are beyond the boundaries of political parties.

Though they usually run pretty close together.

Tess

Founder's Club Member
imported post

pourshot wrote:

Just curious. How do you define "conservative"?