Results 1 to 17 of 17

Thread: November OCDO/UCC combined dinner meet and greet....

  1. #1
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Layton, Utah, USA
    Posts
    100

    Post imported post

    I want to start a new thread so that we can start to get things planned and ready for our next little get together.

    It looks like the next meet will be here in Layton. I am looking at the 17th, but not 100% set. I would like to know what you all think about having our next one at Golden Corral. I am thinking we can reserve the banquet room, and that will allow everyone to get up and move around a bit, making networking and socializing a little easier. Also, with all the walking to and from the buffet among mixed company, we might even get the chance to educate??? I haven't called them to make sure they would allow it, but I wanted to get a quick opinion first.

    I would also like to know if there is any interest in maybe doing a lunch instead of a dinner? Might work better for people that have to travel to attend, and maybe those that want to can hit a range after?

    Here is the link to the poll on UCC. Please check it out and vote if you are planning to attend. B

    http://www.utahconcealedcarry.com/fo...pic.php?t=1104

  2. #2
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    , ,
    Posts
    4

    Post imported post

    Sounds like a good plan

  3. #3
    Campaign Veteran
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    , Utah, USA
    Posts
    317

    Post imported post

    I replied on ucc. Golden Corral for me.
    "When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty."
    Thomas Jefferson

  4. #4
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Layton, Utah, USA
    Posts
    275

    Post imported post

    I will reply on ucc too...but sounds good.

  5. #5
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Layton, Utah, USA
    Posts
    100

    Post imported post

    rocknsnow wrote:
    I will reply on ucc too...but sounds good.
    Oops, I just posted to your "introduction" thread inviting you to join us We are glad to have you. B

  6. #6
    State Researcher Kevin Jensen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Santaquin, Utah, USA
    Posts
    2,313

    Post imported post

    I like the (late) lunch idea.
    "An armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one may have to back up his acts with his life." Robert A. Heinlein

  7. #7
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Layton, Utah, USA
    Posts
    100

    Post imported post

    SGT Jensen wrote:
    I like the (late) lunch idea.
    I really liked the idea too..... What does everybody else think????? Do I need to post a seperate thread to get their attention. I am hoping to talk with the Management this weekend to make sure we are ok to host it and I would like to know what time to shoot for. B

  8. #8
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Layton, Utah, USA
    Posts
    275

    Post imported post

    Late lunch sounds good...

  9. #9
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Lehi, Utah, USA
    Posts
    478

    Post imported post

    Talk to GC to make sure its OK with them, Late lunch works for me.

  10. #10
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Layton, Utah, USA
    Posts
    100

    Post imported post

    xmirage2kx wrote:
    Talk to GC to make sure its OK with them, Late lunch works for me.
    That is the plan, I just wanted to get everyones opinions before I started calling places. I plan on calling them this weekend. B

  11. #11
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    American Fork, Utah, USA
    Posts
    158

    Post imported post

    The last time I went to GC it was over $40 to feed my family of 4. There are places with better food for that price.

    Just my 2 Cents

  12. #12
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Lehi, Utah, USA
    Posts
    478

    Post imported post

    While there are places with better food, I like the idea of being able to mix and mingle a little bit. Once you get more than about 12 people at a table you can’t talk with the people on the other end very well. GC or up-chuck-a-rama while lacking in the quality of some restaurants for a similar price provide this atmosphere

  13. #13
    Campaign Veteran
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    , Utah, USA
    Posts
    317

    Post imported post

    Tacomatose, do you still want me to make up a calendar? If so I can bring it to this next meet. Give me a call and I will tell you about talking to Red Robin management. What about a phone tree as well? Maybe start with the people that showed up at the last meet (if they want) and then whoever wants to sign up can at the next meet. So on and so on.. I will reprint it every meet with the new names, numbers, and city they live in. what does everyone think of that.
    "When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty."
    Thomas Jefferson

  14. #14
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Layton, Utah, USA
    Posts
    100

    Post imported post

    packingmama wrote:
    Tacomatose, do you still want me to make up a calendar? If so I can bring it to this next meet. Give me a call and I will tell you about talking to Red Robin management. What about a phone tree as well? Maybe start with the people that showed up at the last meet (if they want) and then whoever wants to sign up can at the next meet. So on and so on.. I will reprint it every meet with the new names, numbers, and city they live in. what does everyone think of that.
    I am not against the phone tree, but I am not quite sure I understand what you plan to use it for? My only concern is that with all of the response that we are generating (good and not so good) I don't wantanyones phone numbers to get into the hands of the antis. Although publicity is good, we all need to make sure we are cautious andprotect what means most (our families). I think the calendar is a good idea, but I know that we will run into an issue where noone signs up to host the event when it is in their location....That leaves us needing a contingency plan. Maybe, if noone volunteers to set it up, then we resort back to a convenient central location.

    Are you going to be available around 3pm? I am tied up until then but I would like to talk with you about Red Robin. Thanks for all that you do. B

  15. #15
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    American Fork, Utah, USA
    Posts
    158

    Post imported post

    xmirage2kx wrote:
    While there are places with better food, I like the idea of being able to mix and mingle a little bit. Once you get more than about 12 people at a table you can’t talk with the people on the other end very well. GC or up-chuck-a-rama while lacking in the quality of some restaurants for a similar price provide this atmosphere
    I am ok with up-chuck (not that its compleatly up to me lol). I have just had better experiences there and have oc'ed there every time without incident.

  16. #16
    Campaign Veteran
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    , Utah, USA
    Posts
    317

    Post imported post

    Tacomatose wrote:
    packingmama wrote:
    Tacomatose, do you still want me to make up a calendar? If so I can bring it to this next meet. Give me a call and I will tell you about talking to Red Robin management. What about a phone tree as well? Maybe start with the people that showed up at the last meet (if they want) and then whoever wants to sign up can at the next meet. So on and so on.. I will reprint it every meet with the new names, numbers, and city they live in. what does everyone think of that.
    I am not against the phone tree, but I am not quite sure I understand what you plan to use it for? My only concern is that with all of the response that we are generating (good and not so good) I don't wantanyones phone numbers to get into the hands of the antis. Although publicity is good, we all need to make sure we are cautious andprotect what means most (our families). I think the calendar is a good idea, but I know that we will run into an issue where noone signs up to host the event when it is in their location....That leaves us needing a contingency plan. Maybe, if noone volunteers to set it up, then we resort back to a convenient central location.

    Are you going to be available around 3pm? I am tied up until then but I would like to talk with you about Red Robin. Thanks for all that you do. B
    I am just now getting back on the computer since the 25th. Just try to call me on my cell phone when you are available, I always have it with me. With the calendar we could make one and have days and places set and just change as needed. Like you said if no one is willing to set it up we can always resort back to a central location. With the phone tree only those that want to be on it that we know (who shows up at the meets) is allowed on it. That way random people won't have our phone numbers. We can use the phone tree if certain events or things come up were we don't have time to post them and we want to get a hold of eachother sooner. I think we need to send private messages with our phone numbers or give them at the meets. I know I don't want my number posted on this site and I know others probably don't either. Anyway let me know.
    "When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty."
    Thomas Jefferson

  17. #17
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Payson, Utah, USA
    Posts
    1,146

    Post imported post

    i pray i can make it!!! cause on nov 2nd were going to the payson powerplant to work for 21 days :/

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •