• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Clerk at Sportsmans Warehouse in Vancouver

nathan

imported post

I asked her what a yellow slip was for. She told me that it was to make sure that my firearm was unloaded. I informed her that it was loaded and she gave me a very funny look and said loaded guns weren't allowed in the store. She was very sure of herself and told me that loss prevention had recently told her that all firearms must be unloaded in the store unless I have a permit to conceal. I told her that I was familiar with their policy and that the sign on the front door said it was OK. She said "What sign?" and then she didn't want to talk anymore so I left and called the store manager. He told me that OC was fine and that he would let the clerk know the policy. I hate being right.

just_a_car

imported post

Yes, but at the same time, your inconvenience ended in the education ofanother person on OC and the reaffirmation of Sportsman's Warehouse of a safe place to shop. Not because we won't be prosecuted for OC'ing there, but because we are allowed to defend ourselves from those that would wish to do us and our loved ones harm.

Right Wing Wacko

Campaign Veteran
imported post

I had the opportunity to OC at the Sportsman Warehouse in Burlington this evening. It was a nice sunny day and even though it was a bit chilly, I didn't feel like wearing my jacket.

After an afternoon at the range it was time to stock back up on ammo. I also needed a holster for a S&W J-Framethat I recently aquired.

I had my 9mm Taurus Millenium Pro in my holster, and carried the S&W in to the store in it's box. I checked the S&W in and got the little yellow slip at customer service, but nothing was said about the Taurus on my belt.

I proceeded to the back of the store and was waited on by a very friendly person at the gun counter. He helped my find a nice leather holster for the J-Frame which is a hard one to fit since it has a 3" barrel instead of the standard 2" snubby. As it turns out they had one specifically for this gun.

At that point he commented about the gun on my belt, asking if it was a Taurus!It seems he is a Taurus Fan.

I them proceeded to the ammo section and picked up a 250 round boxfor each gun, looked around the store for a bit and then headed to the checkout.

I have to say, I like these guys... the prices are a bit higher than getting the ammo at Wal-Mart, but there is something to say about spending ones money where it is appreciated and one is treated well.

After leaving Sportsmans Warehouse, I was feeling real good about OCing, so I headed across the street to Best Buy to pick up some CD Blanks. I wasn't sure what to expect, but not a word was said about the Taurus.