• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Does anyone want to have an open carry march?

imported post

I am scared to open carry by myself because of cops word against mine. I want to have a lot of people with me for support and witnesses. My number is 850 294 3287.

Joe

longwatch

Founder's Club Member - Moderator
imported post

You might want to hide your number and ask people to PM you for it. Not everyone who reads this board is friendly to our cause.

HankT

State Researcher
imported post

longwatch wrote:
Not real convenient for me as I live in Virginia.

Makes sense to me, longwatch.

Can I use that one when someone insists that I fly or drive from where I live over to Virginia for some event?

dng

State Researcher
imported post

freedom_fighter777@hotmail.com wrote:
I am scared to open carry by myself because of cops word against mine. I want to have a lot of people with me for support and witnesses. My number is 850 294 3287.

Joe
Private messagingvrs. phone numberis definately the best way to go. And regarding an OC march, I would prefer a meet and greet. The idea of marching up and down streets just doesn't appeal to me. I carry to protect myself, not to show off, or throw it in people's faces. A march might be good sometimes, but I'm not loving the idea right now. But if you're interested, what area of Ohio would work for a meet and greet? Another option is to attend some of OFCC's events. (Ohioans for Concealed Carry) I believe there is a meet and greet scheduled for the Youngstown area in the near future.

Mike

Site Co-Founder
imported post

freedom_fighter777@hotmail.com wrote:

Joe
"Marches" are not the best way to show your neighbors that regular joes OC in daily life; you can always bring a buddy or familty member along, but frankly I don;t see what you have to worry about - OC is legal in Ohio, and until recently, required in vehicles; you now also have full preemption.

Many people OC in Ohio without incident, including me, recently.

Just start small - OC out to your mailbox, walk the dig, to the local supermarket - you will build up to OC as a part of your normal routine soon enough.

BB62

Accomplished Advocate
imported post

jabeatty wrote:
Is this the kind of open carry march you had in mind? ...

HEY! He looks an awful lot like you JABeatty! ('cept your tat is that little hand mirror looking thing, right?)

LOL

jabeatty

Columbia Township (Cincinnati), Ohio, USA
imported post

BB62 wrote:
HEY! He looks an awful lot like you JABeatty! ('cept your tat is that little hand mirror looking thing, right?)

LOL

I have that whole intensity thing working for me though...

2iw14z6.jpg

Demarest

imported post

Mike wrote:
Just start small - OC out to your mailbox, walk the dig, to the local supermarket - you will build up to OC as a part of your normal routine soon enough.
It's true. A couple weeks ago, I purchased ammo while open carrying. If I didn't do my banking online, I'd open carry there too. Of course, the people there know me already.

Just be prepared to be approached with questions. Read what others have written so you can be better prepared with what questions will be asked and how you feel like responding. For example, when I'm fielding questions, what is paramount to me is that we do NOT have privileged classes in the US. So I'm usually sure to let them know that I'm just a US citizen the same as them.