• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Newbie to the OC game

hobobrent

imported post

Whats up guys? A little background here-

I'm young, only 18. I'm very involved in mixed martial arts, and have been involved in shooting for a few years as a recreational hobby. Nothing serious.

I just found out about the whole OC thing and am LOVING it. To be perfectly honest I have CCW'd before on private property.(Lived in a house full of myself, mother, and sister for years) I am going down to Xring tomorrow morning to look at a few new possibilities for "early xmas presents."

I'll be using OC to show people that we aren't all neo-nazi basket cases. I also want to educate other on how to excercise their rights, as many people these days actually FEAR their government. And the most important: to protect those I love. Anyways, I'm going to use this thread to kind of log how things go with my OC'in. I'm in the wilmington area so it's pretty populated, we'll see how it goes.

FYI I'm in love with the 45XD and should be using it for a new EDC.

hobobrent

imported post

They don't have any guns right now!!! They are waiting on their new FFL and thus are not selling any guns at the moment. WTF!!!

Wynder

State Researcher
imported post

The owner got busted for coke and they shut down for a while. I've been there a couple times since they reopened a few weeks back to pick up some magazines for my XD.

Very nice to see another Delawarean -- I work in Wilmington, so maybe we can grab a lunch at some point to talk about some of your OC experiences. There's a limited few of us here. :(

hobobrent

imported post

I'm down for that sometime. I'm working on gettin a new carry peice though. Right now I'm down to all long guns (i don't think my 870 would fit on my hip) but I will be shortly getting a new EDC. I'm trying to get an old friend to come off of his 1911 but he's being a tough sell! If that doesn't go through I'll just get the XD like I planned to.

Wynder

State Researcher
imported post

The XD is a great weapon -- I love mine! In any case, feel free to drop me a PM or reply here if you're free one day.

hobobrent

imported post

I saw somebody open carrying a 1911 of some sort in target today. This is the first time I've witnessed somebody practicing open carry! Was it any of you?

Wynder

State Researcher
imported post

I have a black on black 4" service. Dave has a black on black 4" service and a 3" sub-compact with a slide that's been colored blue... his is *really* pretty:

XD-9-2-Finished-20-sm.jpg

ijusam

imported post

hobobrent wrote:
I saw somebody open carrying a 1911 of some sort in target today. This is the first time I've witnessed somebody practicing open carry! Was it any of you?

I have been in there frequently with my 1911. I'm pretty sure I was there tuesday. stainless steel colt. worn at 3:00. I am early 40s, 6' and 250 lbs.brown hair, clean shaven. the holster wont help, I alternate between a blackhawk CQC, duty, and an uncle mike.

dave_in_delaware

imported post

Wynder wrote:
I have a black on black 4" service. Dave has a black on black 4" service and a 3" sub-compact with a slide that's been colored blue... his is *really* pretty:

XD-9-2-Finished-20-sm.jpg

Hey guys!

Correction: HERS is really pretty. That's my fiancee's XD (9mm subbie). I only have the 4" Service one.

Welcome hobobrent!