• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

not sure were to post

demonslaer

imported post

went to walmart and was ocing . when the assent manger came up to me and asked to see my badge. I told him I don't have one . He said that they did not allow to carry a gun in walmart because they had lots of money their. so I would have to leave.I asked him if he and the 3 guys with him. if they thought me & my wife were there to rob them. they just looked at me :what::shock::shock::shock:. so I told themif I was I would not be wearing a gun were they could see it & I would not be shopping:what: :shock: :shock: :shock:so I just left .

WhiteFeather

imported post

Take heart OC brother...

http://opencarry.mywowbb.com/forum46/4668.html

Some of us other PA members had a similar experience. A few of us had enough gumption to call the store manager and get his take. I can vouch for myself that if I had not gotten the answer I wanted out of the GM I would have went to a corporate contact.

When I OC I fully expect to be confronted. I prepare for it mentally and carry information on the subject for those to learn. Because truly to OC is to teach a society that has lost its way.

compmanio365

imported post

Take a look at this:

http://opencarry.mywowbb.com/forum55/5402.html

My recent encounter with a asst. manager at Walmart here in WA that thought he was the voice of authority. I learned from that experience to always ask for the highest ranking individual you can, since these people have the tendency to go "rogue" and start making up their own rules to get you out of the store. Just make it clear that your business should be important to them, and that if you were going to be a threat, you would have been a threat already. By just "walking away", you are giving them exactly what they want which is to just not have to deal with you.....

longwatch

Founder's Club Member - Moderator
imported post

Was this incident in West Virginia? I can move this topic there if so.

I think what the OP should do now is follow up with management and corporate management on this issue, because last I heard Walmart doesn't prohibit OC.