• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Just introducing myself

rocknsnow

imported post

Hey just thought I would say hi to everyone. I am Tucker a fulltime guard member and college kid living here in Utah. I saw the article in the paper a few days ago and it sparked my interest once again in carring a sidearm. I knew the laws in Washington cause that is where I grew up, but I didn't know them here. And everything that I did know was incorrect or hearsay...so anyway I just wanted to say hi to everyone, I look forward to hopefully meeting some of you in the future.

Oh and bytheway I have started to carry. Haven't gotten to many werid looks....yet anyway....

dng

State Researcher
imported post

Welcome to OCDO! Glad to have you here and I'm even happier to hear you're carrying. And it's great that story got you off the "sidelines" and back in the "game"!

Tacomatose

imported post

Welcome!!! We are excited to have another member here in Utah that is passionate about are right to carry. You will find a ton of good info here, and please check out the thread about the November members meet and greet as we would love to have you join us. B

UTOC-45-44

imported post

Welcome rocknsnow,

Another Person to invite to our OpenCarry dinners:celebrate.

Go th Utah Link and you will be able to read about our last dinner we had. We had a Deseret News Reporter there. A Great Article about us.

Looks like we will (possibly,maybe) hacve it in Layton on the 17th @ 6Pm.

Tacomatoseis verifiying with his BOSS :what:( his wife ):lol: if it's OK cuz they have their Anniversary on the 14th

rocknsnow

imported post

If it involves food or guns i am there....and thanks for the welcome. I have already found tons of info here and it is great to be with people who support our rights.

cato

imported post

Rocknsnow,

The article wasn't really clear on the legality so in case you didn't know, no "loaded" carry w/o license in Utah. "Loaded' is two stages from fire (Israeli style).

Welcome!

photo by Oleg Volk:

Attachments

• fists0205.jpg
    fists0205.jpg
    30.7 KB · Views: 144

rocknsnow

imported post

Thanks to all for the invite. And thanks for letting me know about the loaded carry part. I went through all the satutes and such to make sure I am doing everything legally. I appreciate the info tho. In June I will get my conceled that is when I turn 21. But will still oc most of the time.

Tacomatose

imported post

cato wrote:
Rocknsnow,

The article wasn't really clear on the legality so in case you didn't know, no "loaded" carry w/o license in Utah. "Loaded' is two stages from fire (Israeli style).

Welcome!

photo by Oleg Volk:
Actually, "unloaded" is 2 stages from firing( full magazine, empty chamber) I'm sure that is what you meant, just wanted to clarify. B