Thread: Glenn Beck Show About "Liberty In Peril" Tonite, Wed. 10/4/07

Post imported post

I was listening to Beck's show this morning and he mentioned that he was having a special program on TV tonight:

Liberty In Peril

which is generally about the attack on our constitutional rights and includes a segment on the international effort to abolish/ban guns of American (Amerikan, for MEM) citizens.

Might be worth watching.

Post imported post

I plan on doing just that. Are you a Glenite like me, HankT? Or were you just listening by chance? I find myself listening every day and night.

Post imported post

dngreer wrote:
    I plan on doing just that. Are you a Glenite like me, HankT? Or were you just listening by chance? I find myself listening every day and night.
    I've listened to his radio showmany, many times in the last few years, including for an hour or so this morning. I don't really like him all that much, though I generally go along with his views--usually fairly conservativebutnot exclusively so.

Otherwise, I cannot stand his voice but I do like his weird zaniness from time to time. Nobody else is zany like he is. He seems like a good egg.

I've never watched his TV show, so I don't know what he's like there.

Post imported post

I like the radio show better. He is more himself (I'm sure that sounds weird, since I don't personally know him) The TV show seems to jump around a bit too much, (the topics never really get discussed at great length) but when he spends the whole hour on one thing, it's very good.

Founder's Club Member - Moderator longwatch's Avatar

Post imported post

I missed the first showing at 7, is it worth watching at 9?

Post imported post

longwatch wrote:
    I missed the first showing at 7, is it worth watching at 9?
    It was really good. Hopefully you got to see it. I didn't see your message until this morning though.

Post imported post

mark edward marchiafava wrote:
    Glen Beck? *yawn* .........just another egotistical media talking head, trying to make a name for himself.
    Not really...But you're entitled to your opinion.

Post imported post

mark edward marchiafava wrote:
    Glen Beck? *yawn* .........just another egotistical media talking head, trying to make a name for himself.

Don't you mean just another egotistikal media talking head?

I just heard Beck comment that all those guys who are on college campuses doing the emptyprotest this week ought to be careful...because they will "become a target" of those who think they are threatening.

He also mentioned that he doesn't really think that "blind" people ought to be walking around with a gun. He compared it to allowing blind people being allowed to drive a car and did a funny bit on a new software that would guide blind vehicle drivers.

Post imported post

As info only, Beck is continuing the discussion about blind people and guns. It will probably go into the next hour. He's trying to get Lapierre on the line to discuss it.

EDIT - Hey there Hank! (BobCav)

Might be worth a listen if you're near a radio.

Post imported post

I've been listening to this, (as I do every day) Today was the first time ever that Glenn has really REALLY pissed me off. I found myself yelling at the radio (yeah, I'm sure I sound like I have other problems)but he is really off this morning. But as the showprogressed, it is sounding like he is changing his thinking on the issue, and I think he might come around.

Post imported post

dngreer wrote:
    I've been listening to this, (as I do every day) Today was the first time ever that Glenn has really REALLY pissed me off. I found myself yelling at the radio (yeah, I'm sure I sound like I have other problems)but he is really off this morning. But as the showprogressed, it is sounding like he is changing his thinking on the issue, and I think he might come around.
    I, OTOH, was really liking Beck's logic and questioning andd identification of factors. He pretty much replicated the discussion/arguments we had here in:

Blind Man Says Utah Gun Permit Does Not Make Him Dangerous

Hawkflyer lost that one big time....

I was dying to call Beck to introduce the construct of competence.

A 100% blind person is not competent to carry a gun in public....

EDIT - Bom DiaHank! (BobCav)

Post imported post

I can actually agree with most of that post, mark. I knew I'd find something we agree on eventually. If we want the government to tell blind people that do not have the right to CC, where does it stop?