• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Glenn Beck Show About "Liberty In Peril" Tonite, Wed. 10/4/07

HankT

State Researcher
imported post

I was listening to Beck's show this morning and he mentioned that he was having a special program on TV tonight:

Liberty In Peril

which is generally about the attack on our constitutional rights and includes a segment on the international effort to abolish/ban guns of American (Amerikan, for MEM) citizens.

Might be worth watching.

dng

State Researcher
imported post

I plan on doing just that. Are you a Glenite like me, HankT? Or were you just listening by chance? I find myself listening every day and night.

HankT

State Researcher
imported post

dngreer wrote:
I plan on doing just that. Are you a Glenite like me, HankT? Or were you just listening by chance? I find myself listening every day and night.

I've listened to his radio showmany, many times in the last few years, including for an hour or so this morning. I don't really like him all that much, though I generally go along with his views--usually fairly conservativebutnot exclusively so.

Otherwise, I cannot stand his voice but I do like his weird zaniness from time to time. Nobody else is zany like he is. He seems like a good egg.

I've never watched his TV show, so I don't know what he's like there.

dng

State Researcher
imported post

I like the radio show better. He is more himself (I'm sure that sounds weird, since I don't personally know him) The TV show seems to jump around a bit too much, (the topics never really get discussed at great length) but when he spends the whole hour on one thing, it's very good.

dng

State Researcher
imported post

longwatch wrote:
I missed the first showing at 7, is it worth watching at 9?
It was really good. Hopefully you got to see it. I didn't see your message until this morning though.

dng

State Researcher
imported post

mark edward marchiafava wrote:
Glen Beck? *yawn* .........just another egotistical media talking head, trying to make a name for himself.
Not really...But you're entitled to your opinion.

HankT

State Researcher
imported post

mark edward marchiafava wrote:
Glen Beck? *yawn* .........just another egotistical media talking head, trying to make a name for himself.

Don't you mean just another egotistikal media talking head?
tongue.gif

I just heard Beck comment that all those guys who are on college campuses doing the emptyprotest this week ought to be careful...because they will "become a target" of those who think they are threatening.

He also mentioned that he doesn't really think that "blind" people ought to be walking around with a gun. He compared it to allowing blind people being allowed to drive a car and did a funny bit on a new software that would guide blind vehicle drivers.

HankT

State Researcher
imported post

As info only, Beck is continuing the discussion about blind people and guns. It will probably go into the next hour. He's trying to get Lapierre on the line to discuss it.

EDIT - Hey there Hank! (BobCav):cool:

Might be worth a listen if you're near a radio.

dng

State Researcher
imported post

I've been listening to this, (as I do every day) Today was the first time ever that Glenn has really REALLY pissed me off. I found myself yelling at the radio (yeah, I'm sure I sound like I have other problems)but he is really off this morning. But as the showprogressed, it is sounding like he is changing his thinking on the issue, and I think he might come around.

HankT

State Researcher
imported post

dngreer wrote:
I've been listening to this, (as I do every day) Today was the first time ever that Glenn has really REALLY pissed me off. I found myself yelling at the radio (yeah, I'm sure I sound like I have other problems)but he is really off this morning. But as the showprogressed, it is sounding like he is changing his thinking on the issue, and I think he might come around.

I, OTOH, was really liking Beck's logic and questioning andd identification of factors. He pretty much replicated the discussion/arguments we had here in:

Blind Man Says Utah Gun Permit Does Not Make Him Dangerous

Hawkflyer lost that one big time....

I was dying to call Beck to introduce the construct of competence.

A 100% blind person is not competent to carry a gun in public....

EDIT - Bom DiaHank! (BobCav):cool:

imported post

Pfffffft. Gun owners. Most of you guys don't "get it" and will never "get it."

A right is just that, a right. It's not dependent on your approval or anyone else's approval to exercise it. If a blind sovereign citizen chooses to carry, he has that right. "Competence" is not a qualifying factor. Most Amerikans just can't stand the idea of someone else living their lives beyond their control. They may SAY they believe in freedom, but deep down inside, they're really just another strain of fascist, just to varying degrees.

dng

State Researcher
imported post

I can actually agree with most of that post, mark. I knew I'd find something we agree on eventually. :) If we want the government to tell blind people that do not have the right to CC, where does it stop?

imported post

On more than one occasion, people (especially in goverment) have asked: "Mark, just what is it you are trying to say?" Well, it's quite simple. Leave me the hell alone. Unless and until I HARM you, leave me the hell alone. It's none of anyone's business what I do or what I have. Last time I checked, the King James bible tells me I was created a little lower than the angels. Here on earth, I have NO superiors. I answer ONLY to the Great I AM. People have GOT to quit thinking we still have the divine right of kings in this country.