• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Examples of bad legislature

bohdi

imported post

I'm talking to the candidates in my district to find out just how and where the stand regarding 2nd Amendment issues. I think it's an opportunity to bring their attention to laws that have stalled or haven't gained support in the past, that they aren't aware of or are ignoring on purpose. Suggestions?

longwatch

Founder's Club Member - Moderator
imported post

One gun a month.
OC ban at state parks (state reg).
Assault weapons carry ban.
Machinegun regulations, ban on having ammo with the gun.
Proof of residency to buy a gun.

sjhipple

imported post

We need statewide preemption getting rid of the local option on fingerprinting CCW applicants!!! A bill accomplishing this almost passed last year.

It irks me that people are fingerprinted like criminals in order to exercise a basic human right.

XD Owner

imported post

Allowing concealed carry on Virginia-taxpayer funded college campuses, or converselyprohibiting campus administrators fromdisarming law-abiding university faculty, staff, employees and students as well as visitors.

Call it the "No More Unarmed Victims on Virginia College Campuses Law."Or "Armed Citizens On Campus Law."

When that is passed, allow open carry on college campuses by staff, faculty, employees, students and visitors.

One thing at a time, right?

Ultimate goal: Vermont-style firearms legislation, but with optional concealed carry permits for those who insist on needing a piece of paper (for reciprocity reasons with other states, for example.)

Tess

Founder's Club Member
imported post

After noticing who the brady bunch is supporting in 34, I wonder how to word some questions.....

Like:
Which do you prefer, crime prevention or crime response? Having a weapon present, and used properly is, in my mind, prevention.

Do you realize that banning guns just gives criminals one more law to break? Unfortunately, too leading a question.

Which laws would you propose that prevent a school shooting while balancing the right of upstanding citizens to protect themselves and their familes?

ETA:
Which laws have you attempted to/would you repeal because they are overly restrictive, contradictory to other laws, or unneeded?