• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Another new member

Cadet Higham

imported post

Hello everybody,

My name is Dave, and I've been drawn here from the Deseret News article (and following comments.) Just wanted to say hi and ask a quick question.

I know in Utah the age for a Concealed Carry Permit is 21. And you cannot buy a handgun from a dealer until 21. Can you open carry at 18?

Tacomatose

imported post

Glad to have you with us. Feel free to ask any and all questions that you might have and we will do our best to answer. Tell us a little about yourself (do you own firearms, if so what kind, etc.) Take care, B

Cadet Higham

imported post

Ok, more of an introduction. I've had 4 years (3 High School, 1 college)of Army ROTC and currently plan on completing the program in the next three years. I own several rifles (mainly for hunting which include two muzzleloaders, a 30-06, a .270, and a 30-30) and have "inherited" my father's .40. I'm not as proficient as I'd like to be,and don't have theexperience with itthat I would like to have.

I recently got married, which has put the issue of protecting her and myself at the forefront of my mind. I have had limited training, and would like information on where/how to get more training (safety, retention, tactics...)

I'd also like to say that I commend everyone here for their actions in helping to create a safer society.

rocknsnow

imported post

hey where you a cadet at? i am one down here at byu/uvsc. i am doing the smp (part of the national guard) thing. i will be done in 2 years. maybe three. depends on how fast i want to do it. anyway i just got a membership to rangemasters in springville. if you want to go shoot sometime i can take two people with me.

rocknsnow

imported post

hey where you a cadet at? i am one down here at byu/uvsc. i am doing the smp (part of the national guard) thing. i will be done in 2 years. maybe three. depends on how fast i want to do it. anyway i just got a membership to rangemasters in springville. if you want to go shoot sometime i can take two people with me.

Kevin Jensen

State Researcher
imported post

A couple of cadets, huh? Nice! When I was in Egypt a few years ago, we had a cadet with us. A Colonel (O-6) that we did not know came up to us, and looked at the cadet's rank. He paused with a confused look on his face and said "What the f**K is a dot?"

N_36586839_1840237.JPG
Go Army!
N_659975_1431318.JPG

rocknsnow

imported post

I have had the same thing happen to me...but with a one star. I love being a cadet. Hopefully I will finish school and get a commission...thanks for serving fellow cadet and sgt.