• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Looks like Louisiana is becoming a deeper shade of red

sjhipple

imported post

If the last election is any indication, Louisiana is going to be becoming more gun friendly. What pro-rights bills do you intend to push and shephard now that you have the governor to sign them?

imported post

No, Louisiana is NOT becoming more gun friendly. What ever gave you that idea?

Bobby Jindal is but just another in an endless series of persons to occupy the mansion on the lake. As long as people who run the sheriff's offices and police departments know there's no immediate repercussions to their criminal misbehavior, it'll be business as usual in THE POLICE STATE OF LOUISIANA.

sjhipple

imported post

mark edward marchiafava wrote:
No, Louisiana is NOT becoming more gun friendly. What ever gave you that idea?

Bobby Jindal is but just another in an endless series of persons to occupy the mansion on the lake. As long as people who run the sheriff's offices and police departments know there's no immediate repercussions to their criminal misbehavior, it'll be business as usual in THE POLICE STATE OF LOUISIANA.

Well, you have a governor who'll sign pro-gun bills now, no?? What changes do you need?

imported post

Louisiana already has a constitution which clearly defines the right to bear arms, yet that right is not universally honored by Louisiana "law enforcement." Another law would be equally violated. What is needed is the ability of violated citizens to prosecute these rogue cops. Being able to walk into a grand jury room, present evidence/testimony to the grand jury and obtain an indictment and conviction is the answer. But, under current Louisiana law, even if you obtain an indictment, the DA's have the discretion as to whether or not prosecution occurs. THAT is the problem there.

sjhipple

imported post

mark edward marchiafava wrote:
Louisiana already has a constitution which clearly defines the right to bear arms, yet that right is not universally honored by Louisiana "law enforcement." Another law would be equally violated. What is needed is the ability of violated citizens to prosecute these rogue cops. Being able to walk into a grand jury room, present evidence/testimony to the grand jury and obtain an indictment and conviction is the answer. But, under current Louisiana law, even if you obtain an indictment, the DA's have the discretion as to whether or not prosecution occurs. THAT is the problem there.
That's nice to say. It's different to have your laws changed so your rights are respected. You have a better opportunity to DO something about it...I'm asking what you're going to DO.

WhiteRabbit22

imported post

As corupt as the LEOs and DA's are in this state, especially around New Orleans, it's hard to DO anything without it being thrown out.

imported post

WhiteRabbit22 wrote:
As corupt as the LEOs and DA's are in this state, especially around New Orleans, it's hard to DO anything without it being thrown out.
THANK YOU. That is what I have BEEN trying to get across for years. All the laws in the world are useless unless there's some way to get them honored/enforced. Yep, that's not likely to happen in THE POLICE STATE OF LOUISIANA any time soon.

WhiteRabbit22

imported post

i really think that all the cops and judges in this state should be fired, and replaced with new ones everytwo years. In the span oftwo years, the Mafia (yeah, that's right, the Mafia)wouldn't have such a hold on them like they do now.

But that's not gonna happen, becuase it's not possible. Bobby Jindal needs to start hunting down the Mafia in this state and tearing it apart, that's what's gonna help this state become more honest and less POLICING.

I can understand pulling people over to check records for warrants and make sure they aren't trafficking drugs on a major drug route into New Orleans, but when you do it to the same car, three times in one week, and give the same bullshit excuse for pulling them over, that's taking it too far, and you need better things to do with your time. Let's stop harrassing good citizens who aren't causing any harm, and start arresting murderers, drug dealers, rapists, and THE CORRUPT PEOPLE IN THIS GOVERNMENT.

imported post

White Rabbit,

Pulling people over with no probable cause is a sure sign of a police state, which is what Louisiana already is. To commit such a violation for ANY cause is not acceptable. Based on Louisiana's extremely stupid and lazy population, along with the intentional ignorance, I hold out NO hope of any real change here, which is why I spend most of my time out of state on business/pleasure.

WhiteRabbit22

imported post

Well, in this area, I can see why they would pull over every person with a busted headlight, just to check them out. That's how most of the big drug busts are done. But doing it to the same person, 3 times in one week, (same officer mind you) is pretty stupid. He even knew I was military, and called me by name on the third stop without checking my ID, so he knew who I was. I have a pretty noticable car (01 Trans Am blacked out, and loud), I'm not sure if he was just being a dick, or was trying to get me to replace my headlight, but I'm not the only person this has happened to, and it needs to stop.

charlie12

imported post

WhiteRabbit22 wrote:
Well, in this area, I can see why they would pull over every person with a busted headlight, just to check them out. That's how most of the big drug busts are done. But doing it to the same person, 3 times in one week, (same officer mind you) is pretty stupid. He even knew I was military, and called me by name on the third stop without checking my ID, so he knew who I was. I have a pretty noticable car (01 Trans Am blacked out, and loud), I'm not sure if he was just being a dick, or was trying to get me to replace my headlight, but I'm not the only person this has happened to, and it needs to stop.
Sounds like your car is illegal. What is blacked out, Your windows? We have a tint law. One headlight and loud car, you are lucky he hasn't busted you.

WhiteRabbit22

imported post

tint is within legal limit, tailight blackouts (which aren't illegal because you can clearly see the brake lights when lit up)and there is no noise limit unlessthere is a posted noise ordinance, which there is not. Working night shift and having to sleep during the day prevented me from getting to the autoparts store for a week. (all this was explained to the officer.)The fact that he knowingly pulled me over 3 times in the same week, knowing that i wouldn't be able to replace it until the following week, IMO, is harrassment, unless he was going to give me a ticket.

charlie12

imported post

WhiteRabbit22 wrote:
tint is within legal limit, tailight blackouts (which aren't illegal because you can clearly see the brake lights when lit up)and there is no noise limit unlessthere is a posted noise ordinance, which there is not. Working night shift and having to sleep during the day prevented me from getting to the autoparts store for a week. (all this was explained to the officer.)The fact that he knowingly pulled me over 3 times in the same week, knowing that i wouldn't be able to replace it until the following week, IMO, is harrassment, unless he was going to give me a ticket.

Call the State Police and ask them about the noise law and your blacked out tail lights are illegal too. You have to be able to see the red reflectors made into the lights. I work nights too, you can stop at Walmart. What state are you from?

[align=justify]§353. Modification of exhaust systems[/align]
[align=justify]No person shall modify the exhaust system of a motor vehicle in a manner which will amplify or increase the noise emitted by the motor of such vehicle, above that emitted by the muffler originally installed on the vehicle and the original muffler shall comply with all of the requirements of R.S. 32:352. [/align]
[align=justify]Acts 1962, No. 310, §1. [/align]

WhiteRabbit22

imported post

LA motor vehicle law does not apply to vehicles with Florida plates. i live in LA, but I'm military with Florida plates.

WhiteRabbit22

imported post

So you're telling me that they can give me a ticket for having Florida legal tint, and Florida legal balckouts in Louisiana even if my plates and registration and insurance are in Florida?

If that's true, then states that require two license plates could give tickets to people from states thatonly require a rear plate. i don't have to get brake tags either, so why not ticket me for that? Let's just ticket people for everything!

Mr. Dogg

imported post

WhiteRabbit22 wrote:
Why wouldn't you just fix your headlight instead of blaming the officer for pulling you over for the same violation not once or twice but three times? If people would simply fix their vehicles up to code that wouldn't be that big of an issue don't you think?

imported post

Mr. Dogg,
Question: I ride motorcycles, always have. Why don't I get a ticket for only having one headlight? I often wonder about people who get so anal about the motor vehicle code. In the overall scheme of things, it's no big deal.

Dustin

imported post

WhiteRabbit22 wrote:
i really think that all the cops and judges in this state should be fired, and replaced with new ones everytwo years. In the span oftwo years, the Mafia (yeah, that's right, the Mafia)wouldn't have such a hold on them like they do now.

But that's not gonna happen, becuase it's not possible. Bobby Jindal needs to start hunting down the Mafia in this state and tearing it apart, that's what's gonna help this state become more honest and less POLICING.

I can understand pulling people over to check records for warrants and make sure they aren't trafficking drugs on a major drug route into New Orleans, but when you do it to the same car, three times in one week, and give the same bull@#$% excuse for pulling them over, that's taking it too far, and you need better things to do with your time. Let's stop harrassing good citizens who aren't causing any harm, and start arresting murderers, drug dealers, rapists, and THE CORRUPT PEOPLE IN THIS GOVERNMENT.

That's what Happen in my old Parish of Avoyelles.

The Sheriff Bill Belt, had been corrupting everything he touched for 30+ years. Just recently he was finally replaced. Soon after, Drug Bust and LEO's getting fired Left & Right.

Guess the New Sheriff decided NOT to just get on the pay roll, that's odd around here.