• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

GALCO concealment paddle OWB Holster

GLOCK.45Guy

imported post

I've been eye balling this holster for a while, but its pretty pricey to just drop $100 on one not to like it. I do have a shop here the reps GALCO, but I'm a lefty and of course, all he stocks is right handed equipment.

Does anyone have experience wiht this model wiht a GLOCK 30 .45? does it conceal well and is comfortable? My main concern is it sticking out to far. I appears to ride high for concealment.

Your thoughts please. Thanks.

DreQo

State Researcher
imported post

I am not familiar with the paddle holster, but I do have the galco concealment belt holster, and it's very nice. That paddle holster does look like it would be farther away from the body than the belt version...but looks can be deceiving. Are you set on the paddle or would you consider a belt holster?

GLOCK.45Guy

imported post

I have a decent belt holster that also has a clip on one side fro IWB. The paddle holster is more appealing on days I have to remove it several times a day. I'm left handed so I have to take my belt completely off in order to do so. I guess I could change the way I wear my belt?

DreQo

State Researcher
imported post

You COULD wear your belt the other way. You have a good reason to, after all lol. I was looking for a paddle holster for the same reason you are, but after I settled on a holster type, I found out that while the belt version was adjustable for cant, the paddle was not...so I got the belt holster. Some people have made the point that a paddle holster isn't quite as secure as a belt holster. I guess technically this is true, as the paddle holster is made to come directly off w/o sliding the belt through. I don't think it's that big a concern, though, otherwise they wouldn't make paddle holsters in the first place...right?

drkarrow

imported post

I carry a G29 (same size as the 30) IWB every day. It's a big gun and even IWB can be somewhat difficult to coceal. Paddles tend to stick out a little bit more too. OWB paddle sounds like it may be hard to conceal, but it may be ok with some sort of over gament like a vest or coat. Loose T-shirt would most likely print alot.

DreQo

State Researcher
imported post

FWIW, while I was at the local gun shop I took a look at one and compared it to the belt version. It definitely sticks out farther than the belt holster. Don't know if it'll work for ya or not...

Tomahawk

imported post

I really like Galco's leather holsters. I tried on a thumbreak paddle holster at a gun show recently, but held off on buying it for lack of funds. I have a Galco holster for my SAA-clone revolver and it's wonderful, very well crafted.

DreQo

State Researcher
imported post

nakedshoplifter wrote:
Why don't you just get a Serpa?
For concealed carry? They just don't seem like a very concealable holster to me. I still think the belt holster will be the best if you want a leather holster that hugs your body. I hate that it's not as easy to get off as the paddle holster, though, so I feel you there. I guess there's no winning sometimes lol.

IanB

imported post

Hmmm...
I wear a Serpa all the time as my primary holster. If you want *concealed* you gotta go IWB, if you go OWB you might as well go serpa cuz other holsters arent going to do much better or worse hiding the pistol if it's outside hangin' on your belt.

DreQo

State Researcher
imported post

nakedshoplifter wrote:
Hmmm...
I wear a Serpa all the time as my primary holster. If you want *concealed* you gotta go IWB, if you go OWB you might as well go serpa cuz other holsters arent going to do much better or worse hiding the pistol if it's outside hangin' on your belt.

Ummm no, I don't GOTTA go IWB just to conceal, and the serpa is not the only OWB in the world. My leather Galco OWB holster works great for concealed, and is a lot closer to the body than a serpa..oh, and look, that's what this thread is about!

Anyway .45Guy, I was going to suggest to you a leather holster that blackhawk makes...it's a belt slide holster that hugs the body, but it has snaps on the belt loops so you don't have to take the belt on and off. Problem is it doesn't look like they make it for a Glock 30 :?.

GLOCK.45Guy

imported post

I don't see where SERPA makes anything for the GLOCK 29 or 30, so this whole product is out of the question.

I have a IWB holster that I'm happy with on quick trips to the grocery store or ATM, but OWB is more comfortable for extended periods if carry.

Main areas interested in are close fit to the body, ease of removal, some sort of positive retention, and leather (plastic isn't comfortable). I thinkI may just check out the right hand model to test fit and function, and make my decision.

If there are any other not-so-well known manufacturers that you guys think fit the bill, please tell.