Thread: Have a friend....

Post imported post

...who placed his CHP in the washing machine, which was issued from Chesterfield County.

Ok I admit it, it was me

That what I get for not laminating the cheaply-made permit.

Anyway, how exactly do I go about getting a new one.

Accomplished Advocate peter nap's Avatar

Post imported post

Anyway, how exactly do I go about getting a new one.
    You can't from Chesterfield....you have to petition the court of appeals.:shock::celebrate:celebrate:celebrate:celebrate:celebrate:celebrate:celebrate:celebrate

Sorry, I just couldn't resist.

Just ask the Clerks office for a duplicate.

Alexandria, Fairfax County, Virginia, USA

Post imported post

Sure am glad I don't live in Chesterfield County, where you have to get a permit for a washing machine...... :celebrate:celebrate

Sorry. Couldn't resist.

DDrake wrote:
    ...who placed his CHP in the washing machine, which was issued from Chesterfield County.
    Laws alone can not secure freedom of expression; in order that every man present his views without penalty there must be spirit of tolerance in the entire population. -Albert Einstein

Accomplished Advocate peter nap's Avatar

Post imported post

Sure am glad I don't live in Chesterfield County, where you have to get a permit for a washing machine.
    You have to have a permit for everything in Chesterfield. That's how they keep the crime rate so low:shock::celebrate:celebrate:celebrate:celebrate :celebrate:celebrate:celebrate:shock:

Yuppie central, a cop on every corner and still have the highest crime rate around!
    :celebrate:celebrate:celebrate:celebrate:celebrate :celebrate:celebrate:celebrate:celebrate:celebrate :celebrate
    Let's see...today it's a serial purse snatcher
    http://www.nbc12.com/news/state/10825266.html
    :what::what::what::what::what::what::what::what::w hat::what:

Post imported post

<whining>

Just a suggestion about something I'm sure I've been guilty of myself: can we try to make the subject lines descriptive enough that a person can tell what the thread is about without clicking on it?

</whining>

Post imported post

peter nap wrote:
    Sure am glad I don't live in Chesterfield County, where you have to get a permit for a washing machine.
    You have to have a permit for everything in Chesterfield. That's how they keep the crime rate so low:shock::celebrate:celebrate:celebrate:celebrate :celebrate:celebrate:celebrate:shock:

Yuppie central, a cop on every corner and still have the highest crime rate around!
    :celebrate:celebrate:celebrate:celebrate:celebrate :celebrate:celebrate:celebrate:celebrate:celebrate :celebrate
    Let's see...today it's a serial purse snatcher
    http://www.nbc12.com/news/state/10825266.html
    :what::what::what::what::what::what::what::what::w hat::what:
    wow. this is right around the corner from me (2 of the 3). i've tried and i've tried, but i can't convince the wife to carry at all. sad thing is that it will probably take something like this happening to her or someone she knows. Oxbridge Square is right across Hull from Town Police Supply (one of my fav stops - CHEAP CHEAP!!). looks like i should start ocing more instead of ccing like i normally do. tuff to find a good holster for my new pt-145 (still waiting for my fobus to come in at TPS).

as far as the op, . sorry but that right there is funny. staples opens at 7am and costs about $1 for laminating the permit.

Post imported post

I live in Arlington......yeah I know.........(I'm moving to Nottoway, VAin a year or so)

When mine got stolen, I had to type up a letter explaining the circumstances, get it notorized, drop it off to the Clerk of the Court, and they sent me a replacement about a week later in the mail.

Call your local CotC and see what hoopsthey make you jump through.
    Assault Weapon (N) “Any firearm whose design disturbs the sleep of progressive politicians.”.

Founder's Club Member

Post imported post

ama-gi wrote:
    <whining>

Just a suggestion about something I'm sure I've been guilty of myself: can we try to make the subject lines descriptive enough that a person can tell what the thread is about without clicking on it?

</whining>

IF we did, then how would we get you to read all of these threads?

Post imported post

Don't you need ID when you CHP? So, why all the hoops to get a duplicate or replacement?

Post imported post

I had the exact same problem a month ago. Mine's issued by Chesterfield, too. I'll post the relevant emails that the court sent me.

Dear Mr. Blake:
    To obtain a replacement permit, you will need to visit the Clerk's Office to complete a form that is required when a replacement is necessary. Our normal business hours are from 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m., Monday through Friday. Please note that a $10.00 Clerk's fee will be assessed for the new permit. Once the replacement permit is ready, staff will forward it to you via mail so that you do not have to make another trip to the Clerk's Office.
    I hope that this information is helpful. If you have any other questions, or if we can be of further assistance, please let us know.
    Best regards,
    Mary Craze

If for some reason you can't get to the courthouse, like me, being stationed overseas:

Good morning: I will be glad to send you arequest formif you will forward me your mailing address. Once you have completed the form,you will need to sign it before a notary and return itto our office tothe attention ofPatricia Timms, who is theReception Division Supervisor.Our mailing address is Chesterfield Circuit Court, P.O. Box 125, Chesterfield, VA 23832. Please note that a$10.00 Clerk's fee is assessed for a duplicatehandgun permit. Please make your check or money order payable to Clerk of Circuit Court.

I hope that thisinformation is helpful.

Best regards,
    Mary Craze

Post imported post

Ruined your CHP? Oh darn guess you'll have to OC!

:celebrate:celebrate:celebrate:celebrate:celebrate :celebrate:celebrate:celebrate:celebrate:celebrate :celebrate:celebrate:celebrate:celebrate:celebrate :celebrate

:celebrate:celebrate:celebrate:celebrate:celebrate :celebrate:celebrate:celebrate:celebrate:celebrate :celebrate:celebrate:celebrate:celebrate:celebrate :celebrate