• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Have a friend....

Drake

imported post

...who placed his CHP in the washing machine, which was issued from Chesterfield County.

Ok I admit it, it was me :banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead:

That what I get for not laminating the cheaply-made permit.

Anyway, how exactly do I go about getting a new one.

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
imported post

Anyway, how exactly do I go about getting a new one.

You can't from Chesterfield....you have to petition the court of appeals.:shock::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::celebrate:celebrate:lol::lol::celebrate:celebrate:lol::lol::celebrate:celebrate:lol::lol::celebrate:celebrate

Sorry, I just couldn't resist.

Just ask the Clerks office for a duplicate.

Tess

Founder's Club Member
imported post

Sure am glad I don't live in Chesterfield County, where you have to get a permit for a washing machine...... :celebrate:lol::celebrate:lol:

Sorry. Couldn't resist.

DDrake wrote:
...who placed his CHP in the washing machine, which was issued from Chesterfield County.

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
imported post

Sure am glad I don't live in Chesterfield County, where you have to get a permit for a washing machine.

You have to have a permit for everything in Chesterfield. That's how they keep the crime rate so low:shock::celebrate:celebrate:celebrate:celebrate:celebrate:celebrate:celebrate:shock:

Yuppie central, a cop on every corner and still have the highest crime rate around!
:celebrate:celebrate:celebrate:celebrate:celebrate:celebrate:celebrate:celebrate:celebrate:celebrate:celebrate
Let's see...today it's a serial purse snatcher
http://www.nbc12.com/news/state/10825266.html
:what::what::what::what::what::what::what::what::what::what:

sjhipple

imported post

<whining>

Just a suggestion about something I'm sure I've been guilty of myself: can we try to make the subject lines descriptive enough that a person can tell what the thread is about without clicking on it?

</whining>

sitedzn

imported post

peter nap wrote:
Sure am glad I don't live in Chesterfield County, where you have to get a permit for a washing machine.

You have to have a permit for everything in Chesterfield. That's how they keep the crime rate so low:shock::celebrate:celebrate:celebrate:celebrate:celebrate:celebrate:celebrate:shock:

Yuppie central, a cop on every corner and still have the highest crime rate around!
:celebrate:celebrate:celebrate:celebrate:celebrate:celebrate:celebrate:celebrate:celebrate:celebrate:celebrate
Let's see...today it's a serial purse snatcher
http://www.nbc12.com/news/state/10825266.html
:what::what::what::what::what::what::what::what::what::what:
wow. this is right around the corner from me (2 of the 3). i've tried and i've tried, but i can't convince the wife to carry at all. sad thing is that it will probably take something like this happening to her or someone she knows. Oxbridge Square is right across Hull from Town Police Supply (one of my fav stops - CHEAP CHEAP!!). looks like i should start ocing more instead of ccing like i normally do. tuff to find a good holster for my new pt-145 (still waiting for my fobus to come in at TPS).

as far as the op, :lol:. sorry but that right there is funny. staples opens at 7am and costs about $1 for laminating the permit.

Shovelhead

imported post

I live in Arlington......yeah I know.........(I'm moving to Nottoway, VAin a year or so)

When mine got stolen, I had to type up a letter explaining the circumstances, get it notorized, drop it off to the Clerk of the Court, and they sent me a replacement about a week later in the mail.

Call your local CotC and see what hoopsthey make you jump through.

kaiheitai17

Founder's Club Member
imported post

ama-gi wrote:
<whining>

Just a suggestion about something I'm sure I've been guilty of myself: can we try to make the subject lines descriptive enough that a person can tell what the thread is about without clicking on it?

</whining>
IF we did, then how would we get you to read all of these threads?:question:

armedinrichmond

imported post

I had the exact same problem a month ago. Mine's issued by Chesterfield, too. I'll post the relevant emails that the court sent me.

Dear Mr. Blake:
To obtain a replacement permit, you will need to visit the Clerk's Office to complete a form that is required when a replacement is necessary. Our normal business hours are from 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m., Monday through Friday. Please note that a $10.00 Clerk's fee will be assessed for the new permit. Once the replacement permit is ready, staff will forward it to you via mail so that you do not have to make another trip to the Clerk's Office.
I hope that this information is helpful. If you have any other questions, or if we can be of further assistance, please let us know.
Best regards,
Mary Craze

If for some reason you can't get to the courthouse, like me, being stationed overseas:

Good morning: I will be glad to send you arequest formif you will forward me your mailing address. Once you have completed the form,you will need to sign it before a notary and return itto our office tothe attention ofPatricia Timms, who is theReception Division Supervisor.Our mailing address is Chesterfield Circuit Court, P.O. Box 125, Chesterfield, VA 23832. Please note that a$10.00 Clerk's fee is assessed for a duplicatehandgun permit. Please make your check or money order payable to Clerk of Circuit Court.

I hope that thisinformation is helpful.

Best regards,
Mary Craze

Tomahawk

imported post

Ruined your CHP? Oh darn guess you'll have to OC!

:celebrate:celebrate:celebrate:celebrate:celebrate:celebrate:celebrate:celebrate:celebrate:celebrate:celebrate:celebrate:celebrate:celebrate:celebrate:celebrate

:celebrate:celebrate:celebrate:celebrate:celebrate:celebrate:celebrate:celebrate:celebrate:celebrate:celebrate:celebrate:celebrate:celebrate:celebrate:celebrate