Thread: 'BATF rebuked for attacks on gun dealers,' WorldNetDaily

Banned
    Washington Island, across Death's Door, Wisconsin, USA

Post imported post

http://www.wnd.com/news/article.asp?ARTICLE_ID=58353 [Excerpt]

"The committee has heard reports that ATF has pursued license revocations and denials against firearms dealers based on violations that consist largely of recordkeeping errors of various types that are unlikely to impede tracing investigations or prosecution of individuals who use firearms in crime," the members of Congress said. "The Committee encourages ATF to consider lesser gradation of sanctions for recordkeeping errors."
    Horsley said the advisory "sounds great."
    But he also noted that the agency had been told to correct its activities in 2004, and the attacks are continuing.

Post imported post

Can't read it, getting a:

Microsoft VBScript runtime error '800a000d'
    Type mismatch: 'ARTICLE_ID'
    /news/article.asp, line 25

Though I'm sure I've well enough aware of the BATFE's abusive existance. Isn't Ron Paul in favor of eliminating the BATFE? Or was I just dreaming?

Post imported post

spy1 wrote: Thanks.

I wonder if the BATFE treats differently large gun chains, like Walmart, Cabela's, and other stores that contribute a large part of their one billion dollars of untraced funds through taxes and such...

State Researcher

Post imported post

imperialism2024 wrote:
    spy1 wrote: Thanks.

I wonder if the BATFE treats differently large gun chains, like Walmart, Cabela's, and other stores that contribute a large part of their one billion dollars of untraced funds through taxes and such...
    The answer is yes. All the big stores have computerized systems that is easily accessed and searchable by the ATF thugs. What they were doing to Red's Trading Post in Twin Falls, Idaho was exactly to coerce Red's into adopting a computerized/searchable records database... they are pushing and pushing HARD to get ALL FLLs either to comply with the computerized database or to put them out of business (thus obtaining all their sales records)... either way, setting up a de facto national gun registry.

Post imported post

We certainly don't have computerized records here. First, you have to get a variance approved for your FFL, you have to buy approved proprietary software, and even then, you still have to maintain the paper "hard" copies on-site as well. So why duplicate effort?

-ljp