• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Federal employees & military to be offered tax deductible way to support Gun Owners of Ameri

Mike

Site Co-Founder
imported post

Every year federal employees are asked to contribute to non-profit organizations under a campaign called "Combined Federal Campaign." Often there is subtle or worse pressure for all employees to contribute.

Well this year guess what? You can make that quasi-forced contribution help support gun rights by designating agency number 10042 on the allotment form and your donations will go, tax deductible, to the Gun Owners Foundation, the arm of Gun Owners of America that supports litigation in support of the Second Amendment.

Spread the word throughout your federal office or military unit - designation of CFC agency number 10042 helps support gun rights!

imperialism2024

imported post

Ah, 10042 Gun Owners Foundation[/b] Defending America's unique constitutional right to keep and bear arms, through education and legal assistance in important firearms cases.

Make sure not to confuse it with:

11945 Educational Fund to Stop Gun Violence[/b] We are a progressive voice for strong gun laws. We are committed to dramatically reducing the 28,000 annual gun deaths in America.

11747 [/b]Violence[/b] [/b]Policy[/b] Center[/b] Handguns are not about the Bill of Rights. Handguns are about killing people. If you agree, help us educate the public about this killer epidemic.

11195 [/b]Brady[/b] [/b]Center[/b] to Prevent Gun Violence[/b] Dedicated to creating an America free from gun violence, where all Americans are safe at home, at school, at work, and in their communities.

Bleh. Here is one postal employee who will be giving to good 'ole 10042. Maybe I'll try talking coworkers into it as well...

I also wasn't aware that there were real non-profits available through the campaign... I was under the impression that they were all of the "Let's save the world with puppy kisses" type.

XD Owner

imported post

I'm partial to the NRA Civil Rights Defense Fund myself. http://www.nradefensefund.org

CFC number 10006. "Asserts and defends the human, civil and constitutional rights of law-abiding Americans to keep and bear arms through precedent-setting litigation and education programs." Only 9.5% overhead, meaning just over 90% of your contribution goes directly to the program.

There is also the NRA Foundation, Inc. CFC number 11872.

Both are on page 29 of this year's catalog.

Violence Policy Center's overhead is 22.1% Guess I will not contribute to them. Any organization over 12% does not get money from me. Gun Owners Foundation has 11.5%, so they qualify. Brady Center has 24.2% overhead, even worse than VPC!

XD Owner

imported post

I recommend bi-weekly payroll deduction. Just set aside the cost of one mega jumbolatte every pay period and that's what, at least $100 by the end of the year? I don't even miss it. And it is tax deductible if you itemize. Consult a tax professional for details.