Thread: Action needed in district 34...

Post imported post

From the Brady Bunch:

"The Virginia Million Mom March Chapters of the Brady Campaign to Prevent Gun Violence are pleased to endorse Margaret Vanderhye for Virginia State Delegate in District 34.

Margaret Vanderhye has been an outspoken champion for sensible gun laws in Virginia, and we need your help to put her in the House of Delegates in Richmond!

This November, when you go to the polls, you will have an important decision to make about the future of public safety in Virginia. When it comes to the race in House District 34, the choice is clear: Margaret Vanderhye stands with our police to protect public safety!

Margaret Vanderhye shares our commitment to creating a safer America. We need a State Delegate who will be a leader for common sense gun laws -- Margaret Vanderhye is that person. On November 6, please vote to ELECT Virginia Delegate candidate Margaret Vanderhye!

****MARGARET VANDERHYE TO ADDRESS FORUM ON GUN VIOLENCE****
    Come see Margaret Vanderhye in person this Tuesday as she discusses her ideas regarding gun violence prevention and the opportunity to bring about siginificant change in the upcoming Virginia legislative session. She will be speaking at an open forum in front of many of the past Virginia Lie-In participants and all are welcome to attend. Please come see Margaret Vanderhye at the McLean Community Center on Tuesday, Oct. 30th at 7:30 pm. The event is hosted by the McLean-32 Lie-In."
    "The very atmosphere of firearms anywhere and everywhere restrains evil interference - they deserve a place of honor with all that's good." - George Washington

Post imported post

deleted - double post.

Post imported post

I'm gonna have to run for office one day with a promise of 'SENSIBLE GUN CONTROL LAWS." Of course that depends on what you consider sensible...
    "Each worker carried his sword strapped to his side." Nehemiah 4:18

Guns Save Lives. Paramedics Save Lives. But...
    Paramedics With Guns Scare People!

Alexandria, Fairfax County, Virginia, USA

Post imported post

I can't make it this time.

I would carry concealed, and I would ensure I asked questions that are not leading, though designed to point out fallacies.

I notice they didn't move this (yet) to a gun-free zone.

Laws alone can not secure freedom of expression; in order that every man present his views without penalty there must be spirit of tolerance in the entire population. -Albert Einstein

Post imported post

Are they definitely OC-able? If so, I'd gladly go OC and ask some questions:
    http://mclean2.timberlakepublishing....p?contentid=98
    -Unrequited

Post imported post

If it's at the McLean Community Center, OC is ok. As is CC.

If it's truly sponsored by the McLean 32 Lie-in, you may be sorely hassled trying to enter OC. Suggest you carry your voice recorder.
    Laws alone can not secure freedom of expression; in order that every man present his views without penalty there must be spirit of tolerance in the entire population. -Albert Einstein

Post imported post

Tess wrote:
    If it's at the McLean Community Center, OC is ok.* As is CC.

If it's truly sponsored by the McLean 32 Lie-in, you may be sorely hassled trying to enter OC.* Suggest you carry your voice recorder.
    My rechargeable battery just died on the thing but it's under warranty, just haven't made arrangements to get it replaced yet. : (

Unfortunately I don't think I'll be flying solo for that amongst other reasons.
    -Unrequited

Post imported post

If I can make it, I'll be CC.

Maybe with my 1911 earrings???????? :celebrate