• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Action needed in district 34...

roscoe13

Campaign Veteran
imported post

From the Brady Bunch:

"The Virginia Million Mom March Chapters of the Brady Campaign to Prevent Gun Violence are pleased to endorse Margaret Vanderhye for Virginia State Delegate in District 34.

Margaret Vanderhye has been an outspoken champion for sensible gun laws in Virginia, and we need your help to put her in the House of Delegates in Richmond!

This November, when you go to the polls, you will have an important decision to make about the future of public safety in Virginia. When it comes to the race in House District 34, the choice is clear: Margaret Vanderhye stands with our police to protect public safety!

Margaret Vanderhye shares our commitment to creating a safer America. We need a State Delegate who will be a leader for common sense gun laws -- Margaret Vanderhye is that person. On November 6, please vote to ELECT Virginia Delegate candidate Margaret Vanderhye!

****MARGARET VANDERHYE TO ADDRESS FORUM ON GUN VIOLENCE****
Come see Margaret Vanderhye in person this Tuesday as she discusses her ideas regarding gun violence prevention and the opportunity to bring about siginificant change in the upcoming Virginia legislative session. She will be speaking at an open forum in front of many of the past Virginia Lie-In participants and all are welcome to attend. Please come see Margaret Vanderhye at the McLean Community Center on Tuesday, Oct. 30th at 7:30 pm. The event is hosted by the McLean-32 Lie-In."

Tess

Founder's Club Member
imported post

I can't make it this time.

I would carry concealed, and I would ensure I asked questions that are not leading, though designed to point out fallacies.

I notice they didn't move this (yet) to a gun-free zone.

Tess

Founder's Club Member
imported post

If it's at the McLean Community Center, OC is ok. As is CC.

If it's truly sponsored by the McLean 32 Lie-in, you may be sorely hassled trying to enter OC. Suggest you carry your voice recorder.

unrequited

imported post

Tess wrote:
If it's at the McLean Community Center, OC is ok.  As is CC.

If it's truly sponsored by the McLean 32 Lie-in, you may be sorely hassled trying to enter OC.  Suggest you carry your voice recorder.
My rechargeable battery just died on the thing but it's under warranty, just haven't made arrangements to get it replaced yet. : (

Unfortunately I don't think I'll be flying solo for that amongst other reasons.

Tess

Founder's Club Member
imported post

If I can make it, I'll be CC.

Maybe with my 1911 earrings???????? :celebrate